The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is a full-time employee of ZOA Syria. Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Programme Quality, the Officer supports the development, implementation, and maintenance of the ZOA monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability framework (MEAL) in the country programme. The main purpose of the position is to make sure that the MEAL plans, tools and approaches are developed and implemented to ensure high programme quality according to commitments towards beneficiaries and donors. The successful candidate will work effectively with both ZOA staff and local implementing partners.
1.Support the design and development of baseline studies, needs assessments,
and research that enrich internal knowledge and contribute to better understanding
of the local context and needs.
2.Provide quality input to design and develop MEAL systems (approaches, tools,
3.Provide quality input to develop data collection, data analysis and data management plans and tools.
4. Support the design of innovative mechanisms and approaches to obtain beneficiaries feedback, complaints and response in adherence to humanitarian standards.
5.Support the continuous improvement of internal MEAL systems based on lessons
learned and best practices.
6.Contribute to developing new proposals log frames, indicators, and measurement methodologies, plans and tools
7.Support the mainstreaming of gender, disability, and conflict sensitivity concepts in ZOA’s MEAL systems.
Training and Capacity Building of staff and partners
1.Share lessons learned and best practices with ZOA team members, and coach and train them to strengthen their technical and professional capacity on MEAL systems.
2.Plan and conduct capacity building activities – through on-job and/or in-class approaches – for local partners to raise their capacity in data collection, data analysis, and beneficiary accountability tools and systems according to global standards.
MEAL Implementation and Reporting
1.Maintain overview of data collection activities and reporting deadlines and milestones, and respond timely to internal reporting requirements of ZOA and external reporting requirements of the Donors
2.Conduct data collection according to the MEAL plans and timelines, and coordinate with the Programme Manager to allocate the appropriate resources required to ensure efficient and effective data collection processes.
3.Ensure the use of innovative and technology-driven appropriate MEAL systems and tools.
4.Follow up with the implementing local partners to make sure that they implement the MEAL systems according to quality standards and plans agreed with ZOA, and ensure that they report on projects and activities according to agreed reporting timelines.
Knowledge & Experience:
– Bachelor in relevant field or proven work experience
– Minimum working experience of 3-5 years
– Data collection and project reporting
– Very Good spoken and written command of English
– Excellent spoken and written command of Arabic
– Computer skills, particularly in Word and Excel
– Experience with digital data collection tools (such as KOBO) and/or Data Analysis software (such as SPSS) is a big plus.
– Strong communication skills
– Team player.
– Flexibility and adaptability;
– Service and participatory attitude
– Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity;
– Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
– Able to wo rk in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment.
For more information please visit the link below :