Social responsibility and inclusion lie at the heart of our University and we are committed to playing our part in supporting those fleeing conflict and persecution by offering access to higher education.
They’ve set up a new Humanitarian Scholarship programme for international students, which is available for any undergraduate and postgraduate-taught programmes, excluding medicine, dentistry, nursing, and architecture.
The deadline for receipt of scholarship applications for entry in September 2022 is 5:00pm (BST) on Thursday, 30 June 2022.
Number of awards
10 undergraduate and 10 postgraduate-taught scholarships each year.
The awards cover full tuition fees, living expenses and visas.
their scholarships are intended to support individuals at risk, especially those fleeing armed conflict. The awards are intended for those who could not afford to study in Manchester without a scholarship.
To apply for a scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be displaced inside your own country or have had to leave your home country because of armed conflict.
- be at serious risk of, or been the victim of, discrimination, persecution, suffering or violence on account of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion.
- be studying for a higher education qualification (at any level) in the UK for the first time.
- Be a new international student to The University of Manchester in the academic year 2022/23.
They will accept applications from individuals who have sought refuge in the UK as well as those who are currently living outside the UK. If you are already in the UK, then we will consider you application regardless of your immigration status.
The scheme is flexible and anyone who is not sure if they meet the criteria should contact us to discuss their application.
How to apply
To apply for the scholarship, you must have already applied for your course of study, but you do not necessarily need to have received an offer to study. However, you must have received an academic offer (conditional or unconditional) by 25 July 2022.
For undergraduate courses, you must apply through UCAS. You can find more information on our application process page. The final deadline for international students’ applications to UCAS is 30 June. For master’s level courses, there is no deadline and you should apply online.
At this time of year some of our courses are already closed, so please check this list before you make your choices.
At the same time as applying for academic admission, you should make a separate application for the scholarship. Scholarship applications are now open for for entry in September 2022.
Timeline for applications for 2022/23 scholarships
|Deadline for applications||5:00pm (BST) Thursday, 30 June 2022|
|Selection panel assesses applications||1 – 15 July|
|Interviews for shortlisted candidates||w/c 18 July|
|Final decisions||w/c 25 July|
|Students arrive in Manchester||September 2022|
When reviewing scholarship applications, the University selection panel will consider:
- The level of risk you are experiencing and how this is impacting on your ability to pursue higher education.
- Academic merit and potential.
- Demonstrated interest in the field of study.
- Your financial circumstances and if you have received funding from any other source to support your studies.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview either face-to-face or online.
If you’d like to check that you meet the eligibility criteria, email: [email protected]
For more information please visit the link below :