The WPE Coordinator is responsible for the overall leadership, strategic vision, coordination and technical support to maintain and expand IRC’s WPE programming in Lebanon working closely with colleagues from other sectors and organizations towards the best outcomes for women and girls. The WPE Coordinator is a member of IRC Country Leadership Team and responsible for the overall management of the WPE team to ensure successful implementation of WPE projects. The WPE Coordinator plays a key role in program development through contributions to new concepts and proposals, including design and writing of technical proposal sections, with support from the IRC Technical Unit and relevant departments of the Lebanon country program and HQ. The Coordinator is responsible for strengthening and building new partnerships as well as strengthening the capacity of key staff to enable them to take greater responsibility for overall management of the WPE portfolio.
The WPE Coordinator is responsible for four key objectives:
- Program Quality and Implementation: Plan and execute effective implementation of Women’s Protection and Empowerment programming to support quality GBV prevention and response programming including: GBV case management, psychosocial support and empowerment activities for at risk and diverse women, girls and GBV survivors;
- Integration: Ensure program quality and integration of WPE program within the broader IRC Lebanon portfolio;
- Representation: Represent IRC inside Lebanon at relevant meetings and events in close coordination with the Senior Management team and Advocacy colleagues;
- Partnerships: Establish and strengthen productive relationships with women-forward organizations and networks, technical experts, government agencies and donors within Lebanon in coordination with CD, Deputy Director of Programs, Partnership Coordinator, Technical Advisor and other country program colleagues, as relevant.
Program Quality and Implementation
- Lead on WPE strategy development/refresh and the implementation of the Lebanon Strategic Action Plan by ensuring that program activities align and contribute to identified priority outcomes.
- Provide clear technical support, supervision, training and mentoring to the WPE team, including training needed to build specialized skills in GBV case management, psychosocial support and GBV risk mitigation;
- Ensure that WPE staff and services adhere to GBV best practice, WPE technical guidelines, professional standards and principles;
- Continuing to support the implementation of programming to include mobile services and women and girls safe spaces;
- Strengthening community engagement and outreach including GBV risk mitigation activities;
- Supervise the execution of relevant M&E systems and ensure regular follow-up on monitoring data relevant to WPE programs.
- Advanced degree in Social Work, Women’s Studies, or other related field
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in implementation of emergency GBV programming.
- Proven experience working in emergency contexts
- Proven experience supervising and providing case management services and support.
- Thorough understanding of gender-based violence response protocols and service provision.
- Strong strategic thinking and proposal writing skills;
- Strong leadership, program, staff and budget management and capacity building skills;
- Experience in working in partnership
- Excellent communication skills, cultural sensitivity, flexibility, ability to improvise, team player.
- Ability to productively work under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
- Previous experience managing programs financed institutional bilateral and multilateral donors, including budget holder responsibilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic;