Role and Responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to lead the strategic direction and strengthen the technical quality of the NRC’s Shelter programme, supporting the Shelter and WASH implementation at field level. The position involves travel within Syria.
The Shelter Specialist will:
- Ensure strategy and programme development with a focus on:
- Support the scale-up of the Syria Country Office Shelter programme.
- Explore and support the quality implementation of infrastructure projects
- Strengthen synergies with other CCs, particularly Education ( Creating Welcoming Schools)
- Strengthen synergies between the Shelter and Advocacy
- Co-operate and exchange with the regional office and other NRC Country Offices in the Middle East region, and contribute to global CC initiatives (e.g. Durable Solutions, Integrated programming, Cash and market-based programming, Data and technology) and attending relevant seminars
- Contribute to proposals and reports
- Provide technical support and foster collaboration with Shelter staff including regular visits to the Area Offices, provision of training and facilitation of the Shelter CC Workshops.
- Contribute to technical capacity building of shelter staff in the operation
- Undertake and document quality control and follow up, with a focus on:
- Needs assessments;
- Quality Assessment, technical standards and SOPs
- Monitoring and Evaluation, through harmonisation and strengthening of M&E tools and methodologies across the Shelter project teams;
- Safe programming.
- Represent NRC at relevant Syria-level inter-agency coordination and bilateral meetings as delegated by line manager.