Tasks and Responsibilities:
1.Develop and Implement the Strategy :
– Develop and implement the regional Safety and Security strategy for the Member Association (MA), taking into account context, culture, existing business process, budget and strategic direction as articulated by the National Director (ND).
– Sell the strategy to key stakeholders including ND, function heads, program leadership, and others to gain the requisite buy-in necessary for adoption and deployment.
– Prioritize the execution of this strategy considering the varying security contexts, the presence of Emergency Response programs.
– Apply strategies and integrate these into national business processes including a Kidnapping Prevention and Response strategy and a Regional Travel Safety program.
2.Lead People :
– Provide indirect leadership to Security Focal Points in Syria.
– Provide matrixed leadership during crisis and incident management meetings.
– Drive SOS security capacity across the organization through transparent communication and effective stakeholder management.
– Ensure adequate communication on security issues across the program locations.
– Provide advice and respond to training needs to develop staff safety and security competencies.
3.Protect the Organization :
– Proliferate capacity across the MA regarding security strategies.
– Lead the development and review of security plans and procedures including contingency and crisis response plans, severe incidents, and standard operating procedures.
– Undertake regular security assessment missions to all program locations across the MA.
– Monitor the reporting and data gathering of security incidents and generate analysis/reports on security trends.
– Build a professional culture of candor and integrity.
4.Manage Empowering Relationships
– Be the MA leader for liaison relationships, enabling the organization to succeed.
– Serve as a contributing thought leader to the National Security Strategy, import and export best practices to other regions, and contribute to the Safety and Security brand in a positive and constructive way.
– Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key external stakeholders in Syria.
– Live the humanitarian values (neutrality, impartiality, independence and humanity) in interactions with external stakeholders.
5.Develop and Innovate
– Ensure professional development and continuous awareness of developments in the security profession.
– Seek to apply learning and other innovation to safety and security program.
Child Safeguarding (CS)
– Responsible for raising awareness related to SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to prevent and protect children and young people from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
– Ensure strong focus on CS prevention by organising informal and formal discussions, workshops and other capacity building activities for children and young people to make them understand the CS risks and protection mechanisms
– Responsible for reporting any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the CS team at programme level and/or to the respective line manager
– University degree.
– Minimum 3 years working experience in the field of Security.
– Possess strong integrity, emotional intelligence and communication skills.
– Knowledge of national-level leadership in global organizations.
– Very good command of Arabic and English.
– Strong analytical and organizational skills.
– Positive working attitude and ability to work under high pressure.
– Pro-active and self-motivated to learn and acquire additional competences needed for the job.
– Any certificates, license, and training related to the field that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
– A master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
– Preferable previous experience in the humanitarian sector.