The Project Assistant, as part of the Rehabilitation and WASH Team, will be working on Rehabilitation activities, including, but not limited to, construction and rehabilitation of shelters, damaged houses, damaged schools, upgrading of water supply and sanitation facilities, and distribution of relief items at field level, in the framework of SIF Program in Syria.
She/he works in close collaboration with team members of the Rehabilitation and Wash and other departments, under the supervision of the Project Officer. He/she contributes to and is part of conducting surveys, assessments and collecting needed information from the field following the Project Officer guidelines. The Project Assistant spends most of his/her time in the field and is in daily and direct contact with beneficiaries.
Responsibilities and tasks:
1. Activities implementation
Site supervision of Rehabilitation and WASH activities, including, but not limited to, construction and rehabilitation of shelters, damaged houses, damaged schools, upgrading of water supply and sanitation facilities, and distribution of relief items at field level.
– Provide instruction to the contractor for improvement of works or remedial measures to take and ensure that the Minimum International Standard as communicated by the Project Officer is respected.
– Ensuring that the works carried out on the site are identical to the required quantities and quality.
-Share ideas with the Project Officer to fulfill the beneficiaries’ needs.
– Assist Project officer in carrying out technical assessments for Rehabilitation and WASH projects and preparing measurement, calculation and bill of quantities.
– Ensure respect of security rules and report immediately to the Project Officer any accident happening;
– Ensure adherence to SIF Procedures Manual
– Ensure adherence to SIF Internal Rules – Regulations
– Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
– Maintain confidentiality and ensure the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of SIF, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
– Commitment to humanitarian business ethics
2. Communication and reporting:
– Respond to beneficiaries queries with suitable relevant information and transparency.
– Report complaints received from beneficiaries to the Field officer.
– Follow up with daily field visit to the beneficiaries.
– Report immediately to the Field officer any delay, problem or other relevant information.
– Report on the progress of activities on a daily base to the Project Officer.
– Contribute and participate, when requested, within Departments meetings including accurate reporting on success, challenges and lesson learnt.
– This Job Description is intended to be a guide and is not or cannot be construed as a full account of what an employee is expected to perform in their job now or in the future
– An employee’s position may be changed, modified, or altered at any time and employees are expected to assume new assignments enthusiastically and perform to the best of their abilities
This is not a restrictive list of duties; relevant task can be added upon request by the line manager
– One year experience in similar projects.
– Knowledge of method statements of activities.
– Knowledge of material specifications
– Knowledge of quantities survey and calculation.
– Ability to use computer programs(word-Excel-internet)
– Languages: English &amp; Arabic (written spoken)
– Ability to work independently.
– Team worker.
– Ability to work under pressure.
– Interest in Humanitarian Work.
– Flexibility in working hours
– Willing to Learn.