– Steer and supervise the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the project activities in collaboration with the team, by collecting information and comparing it with the objectives, and schedule in order to monitor progression and early detect deviations and propose corrections.
– Prepare regular updates of project activities work-plan and related financial plan, ensuring timely and quality implementation in compliance with INTERSOS and donor guidelines and in line with the projects and sector-specific strategies.
– Provide reporting to the SMT on the project’s evolution and propose corrections if needed.
-With the technical support of INTERSOS protection department, ensure that protection elements (gender, age, disability, etc.) are fully taken into consideration across all activities related to health and hygiene promotion.
– Elaborate on the project’s institutional memory, keeping written records (and filing them) on its development, in order to broadcast INTERSOS achievements and improve awareness.
– In coordination with the HR department and relevant Coordinators, distribute tasks and workload among the teams, guiding their comprehension of the issues linked to the projects and the Mission through regular working meetings and feedback, in order to ensure an efficient deployment of the resources and the achievement of the expected goals
– Inform the field team of the instructions given by the SMT, promoting fluent, smooth written and oral communication and information flow and ensuring confidentiality and full compliance with security rules
– Supervise the full implementation of safety protocols in order to ensure safe working conditions for the project staff
– Responsible for the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff development, and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he/she is accountable for
– Responsible for ensuring that the project staff, with the support of key protection staff, is duly trained on INTERSOS PSEA/CP Policies and that PSEA/CP Policy roll-out is implemented in the area of responsibility Ensure the project’s staff respect INTERSOS rules and regulations, and adheres to INTERSOS Fundamental Charter Values and Code of Ethics, PSEA, and CP Policies
– In coordination with the HR department and relevant Coordinators/Managers, identify training needs, build the capacity, coordinate, supervise and motivate the staff, supports ad hoc training sessions and on-the-job training, provide individual follow-up and coaching, carry out the end-of-mission evaluation of the team members and lead internal communication initiatives in order to facilitate people integration and professional development and to capabilities and commitment to INTERSOS values and project goals.
Finance, administration, and logistics:
– Ensure budget holder’s role for the project(s) under his/her management, planning and monitoring financial expenditures, ensuring the correct reporting and accounting of expenditures as per defined budget. This role is performed with the support of the Finance/Admin Department and under the supervision of the Program Coordinator.
– In coordination with INTERSOS Finance Department, supervise project financial indicators in order to ensure efficiency and early detect deviations and their causes.
– In coordination with INTERSOS Logistics Department, plan and supervise procurement for the project needs, monitoring the progress of all orders (logistical and medical) and purchases.
– Produce a monthly internal specific report and elaborate mid-term and final report according to donors’ rules and regulations and INTERSOS Project Appraisal Tool, ensuring accurate data collection and timely submission.
– With the support of the Program Coordinator, define a MEAL plan to ensure the correct and timely measurement of indicators and the progress of project activities against targets, identifying any significant deviation and proposing correcting actions.
– Ensure accurate data collection and reports are submitted in a timely manner for all activities within the project.
– Periodic field visits to the project locations to ensure the quality of the intervention in compliance with the internal and donors standard.
– Guarantees close coordination and interaction with the other Program/Project Managers and technical coordinators deployed in the mission, in order to ensure harmonization of modalities of implementation, tools, approaches, etc.
– Support and ensure good external relationships with donors, authorities, and partners.
– Represent INTERSOS in regards to the project scope and activities and according to the processes defined by the Program Coordinator, attending proactively technical and programmatic coordination meetings and (when needed) meetings of the Sectors and Working Groups. In close consultation with the Head of Mission, develop and maintain good relationships with local authorities and project partners (civil society organizations, civilian and military authorities, NGOs, non-state actors, ministries, UN agencies, donors, etc.).
– Perform any other task not here listed and necessary for the implementation of the project activities or the mission program as requested by the Project Coordinator.
– At least 3 years of direct professional experience working in project management on humanitarian projects/programmes in INGOs, including financial management responsibilities.
– Experience in health projects is an asset.
– Excellent analytical skills, observation, and analysis capacity.
– Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks (well organized).
– Ability to plan ahead and result-oriented (proactive).
– Able to ensure quick quality delivery in a stressful environment (stress-resilient).
– Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management.
– Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multicultural environment.
– Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills.
– Practical and problem-solver.
– Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.