As Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator you will be responsible for guiding the overall MEAL strategy and implementation or related activities within projects while providing timely and relevant information to stakeholders.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Strategy: You will lead the design and the roll-out of a sound and adapted-to-context MEAL strategy and operational guidance integrating cross-cutting issues (gender, protection, accountability, do-no-harm, community participation, disability, etc.).
- Training and technical support: You will provide a methodological support to all program teams on technical questions linked to MEAL and cross-cutting issues such as: design of MEAL plan, quantitative and qualitative data collection, measure of indicators, complaint response mechanism, “do no harm” analysis, terms of references of internal and external evaluations etc.)
- Monitoring and evaluation: You will look over the quality and relevance of internal monitoring and evaluation activities, recommendations and analysis produced by your department (studies, maps…).
- Accountability: You will make sure your department is cross-cutting and well integrated with all departments (functional links) as well as coherent with all coordinators and managers.
- Human Resources Management: You will support training of program teams within your fields of expertise.
- Knowledge building: You will contributes to institutional knowledge building and improvement of MEAL methods and techniques.
The challenges that await you :
Limited access to the field and beneficiaries Expansion of geographic areas MEAL level in the mission Data Management to be improved
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Bachelor’s or Master degree in a field related to Project Management, international development and/or social sciences.
- Experience: Strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience abroad with international NGOs, you master MEAL teams management. A previous experience in emergency response, in setting up a MEAL department, or in health programs monitoring would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You demonstrate capacity for analysing and synthetizing comprehensive information & technical data, ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training and mentoring. You master data bases, kobo and other data software, and have a good knowledge in statistics and sampling methods. You have a detailed knowledge of donors prerequisites. You also have good written communication skills.
- Qualities: You demonstrate ability to take the initiative and take responsibility in a proactive approach. You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, leadership skills, trustworthiness, organisational skills, ability to be thorough and to adapt. You have a strong ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic, Spanish and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Syria Mission is strong in terms of program and but there is a lot to do in MEAL. We are looking for a competent candidate who will be able to develop the department, MEAL culture and tools »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 650,00 – 3 130,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 2, 4, 8 and 10 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months