• Keep accurately updated on donor (both institutional and private) policies, guidelines for proposal and report submissions, and best practice requirements
• Prepare, share and manage timelines for proposal and report submissions, compile templates and donor-specific advice to ensure that all involved staff members are aware of their needed contributions and submit inputs in a timely manner enabling all donor requirements and deadlines to be met.
• Assist in the coordination, facilitation, drafting and presentation of high quality proposals, operational and financial reports, as well as communication material (both external and internal, including Medair Annual Reports) in collaboration with the relevant field managers, the CD, and relevant GSO staff.
• Updating programme information on Medair’s Portfolio and Box systems, helping to ensure that these are used as a core system for archiving and form an effective source of information for teams for programme planning, implementation and evaluation
• As part of Medair Syria Country Office team, contribute to overall country strategy
2- Communication and Coordination
• Assist in translation – both written and spoken – as required
• Ensure accurate programme information is documented for internal and external communications use
• Work with team to pro-actively and re-actively obtain resources for communication material
• May be requested to attend/ participate in relevant external meetings
3- Support functions
• Work within Medair’s security protocol and contribute to security measures where necessary
• Work within Medair’s recognised procedures in the area of finance, logistics and quality management where relevant
• University degree in a relevant subject such as Management / Development Studies / Business Administration or in a relevant technical subject
• At least 1 years’ experience in Project Management in a humanitarian setting
• At least 1 years’ experience in a programme funding or grant-writing role, preferably in a humanitarian context.
• NGO experience
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
• At least 2 years’ experience in technical writing
• Excellent Arabic (spoken and written)
• Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• Post-graduate degree in the humanitarian sector
• Management training
• Familiar with Qlik, ODK, Kobo, and BOX