The Communications Assistant is responsible for supporting AKF in communicating its objectives, achievements, ethics, principles and experience in humanitarian and early recovery programming within AKF and the broader operating context. The incumbent will report directly to the Senior Project Manager.
• Support the development of a communications strategy and plans
• Monitor media and develop regular media monitoring reports (Monthly, Annual).
• Support the development of internal publications such as newsletters, programme reports and announcements.
• Support in managing and responding to media relation inquiries and community inquiries – when needed
• Support in creating high quality printed and electronic publications for projects e.g., announcements, flyers, posters
• Support in the development of communication budgets for new projects
• Update and maintain communications contact lists.
• Support the team with external events and meetings.
• Assist in the preparation of presentation and briefing materials.
• Support the procurement and management of communication consultants and outsourced communications products.
• At least two-year experience of working in a communications, public relations or media role, working in development sector is an added advantage.
• Professional experience in graphics design, publishing, and social media, marketing is considered a strong asset.
• Good experience in the use of a range of new media tools.
• Good analytical, communications, facilitation networking, and presentation skills
• Strong sense of personal initiative, problem solving skills, coordination, teamwork, creativity and innovation.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues
• Sensitive to religious, cultural and gender issues in the Syrian context
• Good computer literacy skills including the use of desktop publishing software.
• High proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
• Male applicant should have finished their military service, exempted or postponed for one year at least.