Organisations with a focus on human rights will be prioritised. Proposal submissions must demonstrate how their advocacy activities address and are directly related to:
a) supporting the rights of religious minorities and/or
b) promoting and protecting the right to freedom of religion and belief
Applicants can select one of the following topic areas to develop local or national level advocacy activities:
- National advocacy campaigns to promote respect for the rights of religious minorities
- Promoting religious minorities’ access to reparations
- Challenging sectarianism, with reference to freedom of religion and belief.
Points to note
- Proposals must clearly explain how they will approach the call through clearly outlined project objectives with concrete outcomes and outputs. Applicants should consider the sensitivities of developing a project proposal relating to religious minority rights and freedom of religion and belief.
- Ceasefire cannot transfer funds to Syria due to legal and international restrictions.
Terms of Reference
- The call covers project proposals to a maximum of 6,000 EUR.
- NGOs / CSO’s must develop applications jointly.
- Proposals must demonstrate how activities will work to develop networks at a national level.
- Project duration is a maximum of 5 months and must not exceed this in the project proposal.
- The project start date for this call is in February 2022 and this should be reflected in the proposal.
- Be a minimum of 2 NGO’s / CSO’s applying jointly.
- Submit a cohesive proposal that meets both the term of reference and each organisations mandate.
- Have a commitment to human rights principles.
- Be dedicated to inclusivity by involving religious minorities in your community.
- Have a strong portfolio of successfully delivered projects.
- Have at least one registered NGO / CSO with access to an organisational bank account in the proposal.
- Applicants must submit evidence of a registered organisational bank account, otherwise they will not be considered.
Project Selection Criteria
- An original approach to addressing the protection and promotion of religious minorities and freedom of religion and belief.
- Clear project objectives with focused outcomes and outputs that demonstrate at least 2 concrete improvements at a national level.
- A well thought out plan outlining how to reach the target beneficiary.
- A thorough, clear, and reasonable budget in EUR.
- A balanced division of labour and activities for NGOs/CSOs applying.
- Think about how your activities focus on religious minorities or how they promote the right the right to freedom of expression and belief.
- Ask yourself: do your activities test new avenues to prevent/challenge discrimination against religious minorities or violations of freedom of expression and belief?
- Consider how your activities address intersectionality, by addressing the layered impact of other structural discrimination such as class, gender, or race/ethnicity
- Get creative with the types of advocacy activities you propose; they can be seminars, research reports or any other activity that fits with the terms of the call.
Please send the completed application form documents to [email protected] by 10th January 2022.
In your email subject line please write the “APPLICATION” followed by the name of your organisation and country you are based in (i.e APPLICATION – Organization’s name – Country
For more information please visit the link below :