Basmeh and Zeitooneh is a registered Lebanese organization, committed to serving refugees and vulnerable communities in Lebanon, through four community centers across the country. The organization runs educational, relief, livelihoods, and protection programs, and aims to serve as an inclusive and supportive focal point for the entire community.
Basmeh & Zeitooneh are seeking to train and support startup and local CSOs, to share their experience and expertise with the participants. To reach this aim, we are currently looking for trainers to facilitate and contribute to the organization of an online training seminar on advocacy for human rights and democracy, and community mobilization.
The project aims to develop and empower civil society actors by providing professional training and coaching through an in-depth analysis of the needs of civil society organizations and the continuous follow-up of these organizations during the seminar period.
The main topics of the seminar include the following:
● Human Rights and Democracy
● Networking and group dynamics
● Community Mobilization
● Facilitation Skills
● Citizenship/ Active Citizenship
● Positive Masculinity
Each topic consists of 4-5 training days. The trainer could be specialized in one or more topics. The trainers will work together with the Basmeh and Zeitooneh team in:
- The preparation of the training seminar Materials.
- Run and facilitate the training seminar.
- Prepare a report setting out the main lessons shared during the sessions.
- 3-5 years of experience, whether in the private, public, or in a civil society organization
- Previous experience in the development sectors (such as in livelihood, protection, education, etc.) is a plus, especially a start-up and small community-based organizations.
- Proven experience as a trainer, previous experience in business training is a plus
- Working experience in a multicultural context
- Proficiency in Arabic language (oral/written) mandatory
- Ability to communicate in English
- Good ability to work in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Adapted to multi-national teams
- Ability to multi-task
Trainers are expected to be available from 5 August 2021 until 5 October 2021. Please note that these are projected dates for scheduling purposes subject to further clarification on the specific dates of each training.
How to apply
If interested, please send your CV and Motivation Letter to [email protected] by 16 July 2021, with ‘Call for trainers – Training on Networking and advocacy’ included in the subject of the email.
Selected candidates will be invited for a short interview the following week, where they will be asked to briefly present their approach and ideas for the training seminar.
As part of B&Z’s commitment to Safeguarding, this position is subjected to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed.