The Course presents the key aspects of the international protection of refugees. The topics covered range from the analysis of International Refugee Law and its complementarity with other bodies of law to the different displacement phases. The causes that force people to flee, the protection risks encountered through the displacement cycle, and the search and implementation of durable and sustainable solutions are also examined. Additional refugee-related issues are further analysed through a cross-cutting approach, such as gender-based violence and the protection of internally displaced and stateless people. The Course is conducted in light of the developments generated by the Global Compact on Refugees.
- Promote law, principles and policies related to the international protection of refugees.
- Develop a common understanding among participants on how legislation and policies can be promoted and implemented at the national level by a variety of stakeholders.
- Raise awareness on the human rights issues faced by refugees and the need for durable solutions
- Enhance the skills of participants in developing and applying policies and standards in conformity with International Law.
- Encourage a positive attitude among participants towards the protection of refugees and other uprooted people.
Application deadline, Scholarships opportunities and Official Certificate
Candidates are invited to register to the Course by 10 February 2022.
A limited number of scholarships is available for the Online Course and cannot therefore be guaranteed purely by application. Scholarships will depend upon funds available to the Institute thanks to the kind contribution of our donors. To apply for a scholarship, you must detail so in the dedicated field in the Registration Form.
Please note that the official Certificate of completion will be awarded only to those who attend the Course in full, including participation in live and self-paced sessions, and completion of assignments.
For more information please visit the link below :