About the Scholarship
Jusoor is proud to announce a new partnership with Bard College Berlin, where we will offer scholarships beginning in Fall 2023 for two Syrian students to complete their bachelor’s degrees.
Bard College Berlin is a private, nonprofit, German-American liberal arts college offering four-year BA degree programs. On a residential campus in former East Berlin, student study the social sciences, arts, and humanities. A student to faculty ratio of 5:1 allows the college to provide an education of the highest quality that is based on small-group teaching and individual advising. Bard College Berlin is part of the Bard College and OSUN networks, which offer students a global network of study opportunities.
The Program in International Education and Social Change (PIESC) was introduced at Bard College Berlin in 2015 and has supported over 60 students from areas of crisis including Afghanistan, Eritrea, Iraq, Syria, and Ukraine with full scholarships. Further information on the PIESC program is available here.
Bard College Berlin offers three bachelor’s degrees:
BA in Economics, Politics and Social Thought with concentrations in Economics and Politics.
BA in Humanities, the Arts and Social Thought with concentrations in Art and Aesthetics, Ethics and Politics, or Literature and Rhetoric.
BA in Artistic Practice and Society (new program due to start in Fall 2023)
Candidates must apply directly to the university, not to Jusoor.
Please see BCB’s admissions page for more information
- Be Syrian, Palestinian-Syrian or have a Syrian travel document
- Have a strong record of leadership and community engagement, as demonstrated through volunteer and/or work experience
- Demonstrate willingness and intent to contribute to the redevelopment of Syria
- Have a strong academic record
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate a willingness to be engaged with Jusoor’s community.
- Be living in Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Turkey, Iraq or Egypt at the time of selection.
- Be admitted to Bard College Berlin.
- C1 English
- Academic achievement
- Personal achievement and leadership
- Financial need
- Interest in and commitment towards rebuilding Syria
This is scholarship covers all tuition, fees, health insurance, visa, airfare, room and board, books, a local transportation stipend, a resettlement budget campus stay and meals during breaks. Students are responsible for other personal expenses/pocket money and are allowed to work on or off campus.
How to Apply
Candidates must apply through the university. Please see BCB’s admissions page for more information.
For more information :