The site engineer will play important role in the project lifecycle, he/she will be responsible/ contribute to the following tasks and processes:
1. Information management
• Participate in the needs assessment process, FGDs (Focused Group Discussions), and KI (Key Informant) interviews.
• Collect data and provide inputs to the assessment templates/ forms.
• Under the supervision of the management team and direct management of the WASH and Shelter officer, the site engineer will be responsible for participating in/conducting technical assessment visits to assess the physical situation of WASH facilities, WASH infrastructure, and any structural infrastructure of the public building in targeted locations (schools, health centers, ..etc).
2. Programme planning and implementation
• Contributing to the activities’ designs to support the affected population to maintain life and get the essential WASH items, preparing lists of required works and estimated quantity BoQs, working with the WASH and Shelter officer to prepare books of condition BoCs, and reviewing and verifying all technical information received from local authorities/partners.
• Under the supervision of the WASH and Shelter officer, the site engineer will supervise the implementation and/or rehabilitation of the WASH and Shelter activities on the ground, he/she will report to the project team after each field visit on the workflow and the contractor performance, also will work with the project team, local authorities, partners, and the contractor to solve any emerged problems in a short time.
• Ensure the works and the supplied materials are according to agreed technical specifications and BoQs. He/she will work with the service providers, the project team, and the partners on testing the items according to the relevant standards. He/she will report to the project team any additional works and items for their consideration and decision before the installation.
3. Monitoring and Reporting
• Report to the project team humanitarian stories from the field to demonstrate the impact of the intervention on the life of the affected population.
• Follow up the testing and commission of the systems, ensure the local authorities are aware of the works, and follow up with them to prepare the good receive note GRN, and follow up on the signature of steering committees’ members.
• Ensure the activities sequence are according to the work plan and work track, report to the project team the work progress, challenges, and delays if anticipated.
• Follow up with the contractor to prepare and finalize the shop drawings/as-built drawings and ensure the reliability of its information.
• Provide information of the beneficiaries’ numbers and desegrated data if required.
• Directly report any accidents including field Incidents to the WASH and Shelter officer.
4. Management and coordination
• Ensure that the service providers are taking the utmost percussion and prevention measures for COVID 19 and ensure the workplace especially the construction sites are provided/ furnished with means of safety tools to mitigate the possibility of accidents during the implementation for his workers and the beneficiaries.
• Operational experience in the implementation/rehabilitation of water supply system rehabilitation projects including boreholes and pumping stations, electro-mechanical equipment, solar systems, and generator sets.
• Experience in supervising daily operations on site.
• Good networking ability, and leadership skills.
• Good command of English and Arabic language.