Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
– Ensure the overall psychosocial wellbeing of the students, teachers and parents
Aid teachers with students who are facing behavioral problems in classes
– Contribute to teacher training and development, provide wellness workshops for Jusoor teachers and other NGOs
Provide psychosocial support to teachers and staff when needed
– Write a report on the work done twice a year (February and July), including anonymized case studies representative of work
– Keep a record of all cases and school-related counseling sessions and ensure they remain confidential
– Oversee the Circle Time programme
Observe students in class & playground, and report on observations in writing, give feedback and guidance to teachers
– Work on 1-1 basis with specific students when referred by the principal, following up on a regular basis with these students and provide written recommendations for the school on ways of helping specific students.
-Required Skills, Experience and Abilities:
– Experience in providing psychosocial support to children in vulnerable contexts, preferably within humanitarian context
– Prior experience and proven capability in training and capacity development
– Experience in conducting counseling and awareness sessions
-Experience in collecting information and writing reports
– Experience from working with education projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
-Team player with strong working relationships and ready to share experiences and knowledge.
Candidates should submit their CV and a cover letter describing an area of background/interest to [email protected] with the subject line “Psychosocial Support Counselor” before the end of the day 28th February 2021..
For more information please visit the link below :