About the job
The Protection Team Leader (TL) has the overall responsibility for managing, supervising and coordinating DRC Protection activities in North Lebanon. The Protection Team Leader (TL) will be responsible for the day-to-day staff management and the management of the protection programming while ensuring quality implementation and donor compliance. The Protection TL contribute to the development of DRC protection programming in North Lebanon through coordination with the Protection Coordinator and Gender Based Violence and Child Protection Specialist at National level, to ensure timely, standardized and systematic roll out and quality assurance, and with the North PWG to ensure coordination and collaboration with external actors.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Lead and manage the protection team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development);
- In collaboration with the Protection Coordinator and Protection Specialists at Beirut level (GBV/CP and Legal), provide technical support, supervision and guidance to the protection team. Ensure that staff adhere to best-practices and professional standards and principles through capacity-building and on-the-job coaching;
- Maintain updated job descriptions, conduct interviews, orient new staff to the DRC and the Protection program;
- Develop comprehensive and tailored capacity building plans for protection staff and implementing partners based on respective needs and ensuring quality services;
- Suggests adjustments of the protection dedicated teams according to evolving needs and programming.
Coaching and Capacity building:
- Provide technical guidance on age and gender appropriate tools and methodologies to protection assistants and officers. Train and coach all newly recruited protection assistant especially on case management process, the relevant SOPs and the data filing and storing procedures including the usage of Primero, CPIMS and GBVIMS.
- Ensure staff are sufficiently trained and supported to understand the expected outcome and purpose of project and activities, support team members in ethically collecting data and information for reporting and communication;
- Ensure that team members have access to needed trainings, on-the-job coaching and shadowing, inlcuding at the national level as flagged by Protection Coordinator and Specialists.;
- Hold monthly meetings with the protection team and with the officers individually to share updates, discuss challenges and successes. Provide constructive feedback and discuss opportunities for improvement;
Project development and grants management:
- Develop and undertake needs assessments to inform program design and strategic direction. Conduct frequent rapid needs assessment of the situation in the event of emergency in collaboration with other stakeholders to address related problems;
- With the support of the Protection Coordinator and Program Managers, prepare grants’ proposals (including budget) to secure follow on or expansion funding for the protection program as per identified needs and in line with the Protection strategy;
- Ensure the submission of timely, accurate and well-written donor reports and other reporting requirements of protection programming (incl. Donors’ reports and Activity info).
Programming & Operations:
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while developing and following the work plan
- Identify technical gaps in the program and identify/implement solutions to meet these gaps;
- Contribute to the development of projects tools and provide technical inputs, and participate in review of existing tools
- Participate in producing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors;
- Ensure with the Program Manager, field managers and the Safety team that protection activities are organized in a way that guarantees safety of beneficiary families, partners and DRC staff involved (i.e. confidentiality) as per the protection and safety SoPs.
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up;
- coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas and Initiate procurements and ensure their execution.
- Oversee and ensure achievements of targets according to DRC and donors’ requirements through overall management of the protection programming and ensure analysis of results and guide protection staff to use these results to enhance program effectiveness and quality.
- Contribute to the development of program monitoring tools and participate in the review of existing tools
- Coordinate with MEAL to carry out monitoring and evaluation exercises in line with protection principles.
- Ensure that the Protection programme is compliant with DRC accountability principles.
Coordination, representation and communication
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on sector relevant issues;
- Represent DRC at meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings and ensure integration with other DRC sectors.
- Support the communication team in Beirut by identifying case studies, videos, photographs and production communication materials in the field;
- Support communication to ensure proper visibility, as per donor requirements, meets the needs of affected communities in line with protection principles;
- Produce materials for programmatic purposes, local events, and communication with beneficiaries and field stakeholders.
Conduct any other duties as agreed with the National Protection Coordinator, Program Manager or the Area Manager
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a Masters Degree in law, social work, Psychology, gender studies, or another related field.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 3 years of proven experience in implementation of protection programming;
- Minimum 3 years of management experience at a mid to senior level, preferably with experience in the field of humanitarian response and refugee protection working for an international NGO, UN agency, relevant ministry, or local authority.
- Thorough understanding of best practices and strategies in protection programming (protection monitoring, general protection, GBV, Child protection, Person with Specific needs, legal)
- Proven management skills and a competence in people management
- Strong program/technical and budget management skills
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Full professional proficiency in English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
For more information please visit the link below :