Under the overall direction of the Area Manager and the supervision of Area Associate, the Project Logistic is responsible for the implementation and financial issues of EDL “Rural Development” projects in Area of integrated intervention, as stipulated in the programme support document, and as assigned to him/her by his/her Supervisor.
Functions / Key Results Expected
1. Ensure logistical arrangement readiness for all project activities.
2. 2. Managing the project's logistical needs and daily tasks.
3. Maintain inventory of records of project deliverables, documents, files, equipment and materials.
4. Organize offers and micro-purchases and follow-up on finalizing procurement process on time and arrange for delivery of goods and services according to activities agenda.
5. Keep a track record of project activities including attendance, complains, problem encountered, results and achievements Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output.
6. Preparing monthly salary list in collaboration with the project coordinator.
7. Collect and keep a full track record of invoices and receipts and submit to UNDP field office.
8. Provide feedback to the Project coordinator on project activities.
9. Process payments, file and archive all relevant documents (vouchers, invoices).
10. Develop budget status reports, monthly and quarterly financial progress reports.
11. Full collaboration with project coordinator and UNDP field office.
12. Other duties as they arise.
Education Faculty specialization in Engineering or Economics or Law
Experience – 3 years’ experience related to financial and administrative
– Experience with the United Nations Development Program is an asset.
– Experience in participatory community action and working with civil society institutions and local public organizations is an advantage.
– Computer administrative and financial skills are a prerequisite
– Responds positively to feedback.
– Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
– Remains calm, in control and good-humoured even under pressure
– Embraces extra responsibility
– Contributes to team morale and consensus
– Candidates with more than 3 months Third Party Personnel contract validity, will not be eligible to apply for this position
– Duration and Type of Assignment: 6 months