Under the overall direction of the Area Manager and the supervision of the Area associate, the Project Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of EDL “Rural Development” projects in Area of integrated intervention, as stipulated in the programme support document, and as assigned to him/her by his/her Supervisor.
Functions / Key Results Expected
– Manage and coordinate projects activities, from substantive, administrative and financial points of view.
– Manage day-to-day projects implementation and overall coordination of projects outcomes.
– Ensure supervision of the Projects personnel and ensure effective communication and coordination between the Projects staff and the UNDP field office.
– Provide direction and leadership in advocating projects objectives and in ensuring that all interested parties are well informed about the activities and goals of the project.
– Identify any support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the Projects.
– Ensure timely preparation and compilation of the Projects Work Plans and Progress/Final substantial and financial reports and its submission to UNDP Office as appropriate.
– Prepare reports for the UNDP field office on key projects activities, issues and required action points.
– Ensure the quality of outputs and results.
– Guide and orient efforts and contributions of consultants, staff and government counterparts towards the achievement of projects objectives.
– ensure the accuracy and reliability of financial reports.
– Ensure efficient HR management, conduct regular performance appraisal exercises for Projects staff.
– Represent the Projects to build professional relationships with local, district and regional authorities to ensure the full participation of a broad spectrum of national leadership.
– Ensure proper professional relationships with relevant national and international partner agencies, relevant developing programmes/projects.
– Ensure proper professional relationships with community leaders, local NGOs and other Community-Based Organizations (as Women associations, Youth associations, etc).
– Establish and maintain relationships and act as the key focal point with UNDP field office to ensure that all programming, financial and administrative matters related to the Projects are transparently, expediently and effectively managed, inline with established UNDP Rules and Regulations.
– Verify and channel all requests for Projects, administrative, logistical and other support and report all incidents related to security and issues of general concern to UNDP field office.
– Manage the transfer of Projects deliverables, documents, files, equipment and materials as per the standards UNDP procedures.
– Perform other duties that may be required by UNDP field office.
– Actively participate in liaising with local authorities, non-governmental organizations, community groups, cooperatives and other civil society organizations as well as local government organizations; in the area of the assigned projects by the supervisor;
– Analyse the situation of supported and targeted community groups, and assist in the formulation of the project in line with the objectives of the UNDP mandate and program Actively initiate discussions with local government bodies and local communities to ensure their participation in the selection, formulation, prioritization and implementation of the projects
– Monitor and Supervise the daily implementation of the planned
– Provide regular progress reporting on the assigned projects
– Document lessons learned and share the experience with CO.
Education University degree in Agricultural, Civil and Architecture Engineering, or other related fields.
Experience: Three years of operational experience
Experience in community-based assistance and participatory community actions is an asset.
Previous experience in working with institutions of the civil society and local public organizations, and with the UN system, especially with UNDP is an asset.
Computer literacy is a prerequisite.
Language Requirements: Arabic mandatory.
Preferably resident of Projects Area.
– Responds positively to feedback
– Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
– Remains calm, in control and good-humoured even under pressure
– Embraces extra responsibility
– Contributes to team morale and consensus
– Excellent communication skills write and speak clearly and convincingly
– Have good presentation skills
– Substantive and interpersonal networking capacity
– Candidates with more than 3 months Third Party Personnel contract validity, will not be eligible to apply for this position
– Duration and Type of Assignment: 6 months