Programmes and Grants Manager, Lebanon
- Full time, in Ashrafieh, Beirut, ideally starting by November 2022
- $2500 – $3000 per month (flexible salary based on experience)
- 1-year contract with high likelihood of renewal based on performance and availability of funding (with 3-month probation period)
We are seeking a Programmes and Grants Manager to support the Seenaryo team in Lebanon. This position will be based in our office in Ashrafieh, Beirut, with visits to projects across Lebanon and also possibly Jordan depending on the candidate’s preferences. Meanwhile, this role has an international scope, supporting the programme development process in both Jordan and the UK. The Programmes and Grants Manager reports to Seenaryo’s CEO in the UK and works closely with the whole Lebanon team. S/he will form part of Seenaryo’s Senior Management Team of five people in Lebanon, Jordan and the UK and will have regular contact via Zoom with our teams in the UK and Jordan. S/he should have a minimum five years’ experience in the non-profit sector at Senior Management or Executive level in a smaller NGO, or at Project or Grant Management level in a large NGO. S/he should have a passion for education and arts.
- Oversee Seenaryo’s Play-based learning and Theatre activities and grants in accordance with the Seenaryo Strategy to ensure all Key Performance Indicators are met.
- Manage the majority of Lebanon donor relationships, including: producing management and donor reports and ensuring all reports are submitted in a timely and quality manner; liaising with donors on finances and deliverables. Seenaryo donors include international governments, major international foundations and smaller family trusts.
- Taking a leading role in building and fostering new relationships with donors, government ministries and other partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure that all activities operate within all policies and procedures of the organisation and comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- Troubleshoot, identify and evaluate risks associated with the activities and take appropriate action to control the risks together with the Education and Arts managers.
- Oversee Programme Managers to effectively budget, authorise and monitor project spend and where appropriate perform the budget holder duties. All spending must be in line with donor regulations and contracted budgets.
- Work with the CEO, Executive Directors, and Programme Managers to map donor priorities and potential funding opportunities.
- Work with the CEO, Executive Directors, and Programme Managers to support or, where agreed, lead relevant donor relationships ensuring Seenaryo is effectively represented to be best placed to secure future funding.
- Design projects, generate, submit and manage grant proposals, applications and supporting documents.
Human Resources Management & Governance:
- Lead the continuous review of Education Managers to ensure that the team is to deliver quality implementation of projects.
- Ensure staff development and succession plans are in place to ensure the sustainability of staffing.
- Line Manage the Education Manager.
- In consultation with other relevant staff recruit, interview and select well-qualified new staff and ensure they are effectively inducted.
- Participate in all Senior Management Team meetings and Board meetings where required. Communicate relevant programme, fundraising and operational updates in these meetings.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
We are looking for someone with:
- More than 5 years of experience managing grants and contributing to the strategic direction of a smaller NGO at Senior Management level or a larger NGO at Project or Grant Management level
- Experience in managing staff and supporting capacity development
- Experience working with key NGO donors, Lebanese ministries or in funding consortia
- Experience in working in the Middle East, specifically Lebanon
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field (e.g. education, theatre, arts, Community Development – preferred)
- Experience in education and/or arts (particularly theatre) and/or the non-profit sector (preferred)
- Fluent written and spoken English (required)
- Good written and spoken Arabic (preferred)
- Knowledge of MS Office, Google Drive, Zoom
How to apply
To apply, please email [email protected] with a CV and short statement of intent, at your earliest convenience. The deadline for application submission is Friday, 15th of September 2022. We will contact you for interviews upon receipt of your email.
Seenaryo is a leading specialist in theatre and play-based learning with marginalised communities in Lebanon and Jordan. We use theatre and play to transform education and support people to learn, lead, heal and thrive in their classrooms and communities. Having reached over 86,000 children, youth, women and teachers since 2015, Seenaryo was one of Expo 2020 Dubai’s 120 Global Innovators, has lectured for New York University on their Teacher Fellowship, and has been featured in Al Jazeera and Prospect Magazine.
In 2021, Seenaryo created 59 original theatre productions. We also trained 800 teachers to transform learning through play using the Seenaryo Playkit mobile phone app, reaching 13,705 schoolchildren.