We seeks an experienced photographer / videography for documenting and communicating our project activities focusing on:
1- Project progress, transformation and impact, using before and after approach and success stories.
2- Beneficiaries engagement, transformation and impact, using success stories and human faces stories approach
The photographer should ensure day-to-day management of project’s activities visibility through the production of high-quality photos of activities daily activity in addition to movies highlighting project outcomes.
The photographer will be responsible of delivering the following outcomes:
1- Photos of high-quality of project activities in Damascus and rural Damascus.
2- An album for each day containing selected photos as good samples for communication activity and reporting. All the photos should be edited and come with captions explaining the activity, the date and brief explanation about the shot
including the following data:
a- Location (where): Name the place/city, and country where the picture was made.
b- Date (when): Provide the date the photo was made using the format YYYY-MM-DD
c- Description: What is occurring –the action –in the photo? Or what are we seeing? Explain the purpose or reason why this is occurring, the context if you will.
d- People: Who is in the photograph? Try to get at least people's names and age.
3- Short movies:
– Record and produce HD videos to document events, activities and interview key, staff/partners/beneficiaries per request of us to ensure capturing of our activities in video format;
– Record and edit narration / voice over where needed in according with guidance from us Communications Unit;
– Export and deliver audio track of videos per request of us;
– Embed sub-titles video as per the need;
– Edit videos and basic graphic animation as per request of us Communications Unit
– Videos shall be produced in a high-quality broadcasting and web publishing format
– Export final version of a video in formats optimized for HD web distribution and TV broadcast and deliver to us;
– Videos shall be provided in raw format and optimized resolution to us on external memory medium or via file transfer service;
– Work in close cooperation with and report to us Communications Unit.
– We and donor visibility should be considered whenever possible and appropriate.
– Rights in all the images taken and prepared by the Photographer under this contract are to be owned by us.
– These photographs, digital or printed both shall not be transferred to anyone outside of us whether free of charge or at cost. The photographs remain the property of us, even after the completion of the contract.
Functions / Key Results Expected
Working closely with the Communications team, and project teams, the photographer(s) required to undertake the following tasks:
1- Take high-resolution photographs (and provide basic info on where and when photos are taken, in line with Description of duties);
2- Select best photographs related to each task (no less than 30) in consultation with Communications Unit
3- Photographs shall be provided in raw format and optimized resolution on external memory medium or via file transfer service;
4- Photographs must be provided in high quality suitable for printing, processing or publishing on web;
5- Work in close cooperation with and report to the project.
6- High quality photos suitable for printing, publishing, web design, editing and broadcasting.
7- Proven ability in photography and ability to assimilate and communicate complex visual messages in an engaging and user-friendly manner;
8- Advanced knowledge and skills of PhotoShop, including Vegas, Adobe and other editing tools is required;
9- Solid experience in processing and editing photo, creating photo and photo stories;
10- Experience with on-call assignments, preferable
11- Flexibility to travel
12- Ability to work on a strict deadline;
13- Proactive approach to delivering tasks
Education: Secondary’s Degree
Experience: 5 years of relevant work experience
– Managerial experience in the field of development cooperation including in grant management
– Knowledge of the issues in the relevant area
– Proven ability to draft, edit and produce written proposals and results-focussed reports
– Proven experience working with Government, civil society, international organizations and donors
Good English drafting skills
Arabic and English mandatory.
– Work prioritization and ability to multitask;
– Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
– Excellent interpersonal skills;
– Shares knowledge and experience;
– Positive, constructive attitude;
– Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort;
– Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
– Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
– Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude;
– Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.