• Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
• Input to the Country Office Administrative and finance business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance, in consultation with Operations Manager.
• Attend meetings and prepare minutes of meetings as required.
• Support to management & maintenance of operations’ files (soft & hard) and ensure easy referenc.
• Checking incoming correspondence and ensure all required documents are valid.
2. Ensures functioning of the optimal accounting and cost-recovery system, while focusing on assets management and achievement of the following results:
• Assist in preparation of the cost-recovery bills for the services provided by UNDP, follow up on contributions received.
• Maintain records for all premises, for UNDP offices and the UN HUBS, and prepare all documents needed to rent, or renew the lease contracts for the subject premises.
• Monitor the lease agreements and alert relevant colleagues for payment process
• Receiving, inspecting and verification of incoming office equipment, furniture and supplies and scheduling deliveries to users.
• Maintain records and tag all office furniture/equipment upon receipt from the suppliers.
• Update of nonexpendable property inventory record and track movement of furniture.
• Support to the management on assets disposal process and ensure proper accounting entries in ATLAS, preparation of documents for submission to Contracts, Assets and Procurement (CAP) Committee review.
• Assist in the physical inventory verification exercise.
• Preparing of inventory reports as required
• Support the management in preparing different financial reports.
• Preparing the supporting documents for management project’s payments.
3. Provides administrative support to the Operations Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Prepare receiving and inspections reports for goods and services as needed.
• Prepare and analyze General Ledgers and expense reports
• Collection of information for the Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA), travel agencies and other administrative surveys.
• Monitor due deadlines and notify management accordingly.
• Support to drafting of correspondence and carry out necessarily follow up.
• Assist in the preparation of the office budget, and provision of information for audit, as needed.
• Contacts with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings.
• Assist to provision of logistical support to workshops, training, and meetings.
4. Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
• Assists in assembling briefing material, documentation and correspondence for the use in official meetings or missions.
• Preparations of official correspondence in Arabic and English.
• Support to maintaining information and updating databases,
• Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice, as applicable.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
- Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
- Knowledge Generation: Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
- Customer Satisfaction/Client Management: Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs.
- Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
- Documents and records management: Overall document (hard or electronic) management; registry and retention policy including storing and archiving
- Accounting – General: Knowledge of accounting concepts, principles, frameworks, standards, regulations, policies and trends, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations.
- A minimum of High school Certificate
- Or, First-level University degree (Bachelor) in Finance, Business, Fine Arts, Public Administration or relevant field is desirable
- A minimum of 5 years (High School) or 2 years (Bachelor) of relevant administrative or operations experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Knowledge of database packages, and web-based management systems is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Arabic
For more information please visit the link below :