The Nutrition Manager is responsible for managing and supervising AL-Ameen’s nutrition program activities. S/He provides leadership, direct management, and technical guidance to the nutrition team and is accountable for the implementation of high-quality nutrition services through an integrated program approach and that the high-quality is achieved according to international standards.
- Plan the delivery of the overall programs and its activities in accordance with the vision and goals of AL-Ameen
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the programs.
- Provide guidance and direction to the programs team on achieving agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives.
- Contribute and lead program development efforts by identifying opportunities and working with partnerships and grants teams in drafting proposals.
- Identify and evaluate the risks and possible threats associated with programmatic activities and, in coordination with stakeholders , take appropriate action to control and mitigate risks.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of technical and program reports as per grants and donor agreements.
- Establish and maintain systems for program operations in accordance with AL-AMEEN policies and procedures.
- Ensure that program activities comply with donors’ legislation and professional and humanitarian standards.
- Provide guidance to program staff on all issues related to program implementation.
- In coordination and collaboration with the MEAL department, develop a programs evaluation system to assess the strengths of each program and to identify and implement action plans regarding areas for improvement.
- Follow up Monitoring and Evaluation reports, recommend and implement changes to enhance the programs, as appropriately.
- Prepare an annual employment plan for the programs department and update quarterly according to grants.
- Manage all projects funds according to established accounting policies and procedures as per AL-AMEEN regulations and donor compliance.
- The ability and flexibility to represent AL-AMEEN., when assigned by senior management, at conferences, training, or donor meetings, when needed.
- Maintain effective communication and relations with donors and other stakeholders.
- Building capacity of programs’ teams using: orienting, training, coaching, counseling, communicating job expectations, planning, and monitoring.
- Prepare a monthly written report to the senior management on all aspects of the programs, activities and challenges, threats or risks.
- Work with the nutrition team to ensure that nutrition program supplies are of acceptable standards.
- Provide technical oversight to ensure integration of nutrition activities with other sectors, including health and food security
- Lead, plan and conduct nutritional assessments and surveys in existing and in potential new areas, following the nationally approved survey protocol, for program expansion and feed assessments results into proposals if needed.
- Work with the logistic department for the procurement of international and national nutrition commodities, pharmaceuticals, supplies and other according to the approved budget
- In conjunction with the MEAL Coordinator, adapt tools for data collection, analysis and reporting; take lead in interpreting collected data in health and corrective action.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- University degree in Medicine, Public health, Development Studies, Humanitarian Assistance, or related field;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in humanitarian assistance, including a minimum of 3 years in Health programs;
- Excellent knowledge of the humanitarian and development sectors, and experience with and knowledge of humanitarian standards.
- Excellent knowledge in programs life cycles.
- Comfortable in planning and delivering multiple activities, workplans and tasks under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Ability to work with and lead a team and to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure while taking and facilitating team and programmatic decisions.
- Proven skills in managing others, leading teams, reporting, analyzing and problem solving.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- A critical mind, and ability to ask questions and analyze situations.
- Excellent management capacities and team leadership spirit
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Strong communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to solve problems in the field with staff, local committees and beneficiaries.
- Ability to manager remote teams.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Experience in programming Microsoft Word and Excel
- PMP Certified;
For more information please visit the link below :