Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the NGOs Capacity Development officer, the NGO capacity development associate will be responsible of the following:
Assist in the implementation of the Capacity Development Programme for NGOs and CBOs in Syria:
- Enter NGOs data and information in the comprehensive NGOs database and ensure efficient dissemination and timely update of the database.
- Assist in the update of the NGOs Capacity Development strategy and the preparation of the annual capacity development plan for NGOs (in line with the results of the assessment).
- Assist in organizing and supporting the implementation of trainings and capacity development plan for local partners, NGOs and CBOs.
- Liaise with existing training institutions/companies and individual consultants/trainers for the development of the training modules and curriculum.
- Follow up on the implementation of the training recommendations and provide assistance to the trained NGOs on the actual implementation of the training modules and thematic issues.
- Assist in Preparing periodic reports (monthly, bi-annual, annual., ad-hoc…) on the achievements of the NGO capacity development and NGOs livelihoods and early recovery funded projects in addition to collecting adequate progress on target indicators
- Conduct field visits to assist the implementation, monitoring and assessing NGOs capacity development project including performance and impact
Liaise with NGOs and CBOs for their engagement in livelihoods and early recovery projects.
- Support the Micro Grants and LPAC committees, in terms of facts findings on proposed partners.
- Support the implementation of a well-defined grant schemes for NGOs in Syria
- Support to the on-the-job training and technical advice to NGOs and CBOs on various proposal development and projects implementation related topics.
- Provide marketing and communication advices to targeted NGOs, especially the ones implementing projects of productive or services provision nature.
- Draft progress reports and document success stories and lessons learned in close collaboration with concerned Thematic Teams
Manages the E-Learning platform:
- Administrate the e-learning dashboard.
- Administrate the registry of subscribers
- Provide timely reports on progress and feedback on the previously developed e-curriculums by the NGOs unit.
- Publishing training materials on the NGOs platform.
- Develop/Review e-learning materials
Provide ICT consultancy services to the NGOs:
- Convene processes analysis for common processes among targeted NGOs.
- Draft SOPs based on the process and procedures analysis
- Develop ERPs resources planning
- Develop Convene thorough ICT needs assessment, in close conjunction with the NGOs management, and relevant staff on the spot when conditions allows.
- Analyze ICT requirements based on each NGOs scope of work giving an independent and objective advice, emphasizing changing NGOs management’s mindset to comprehend necessity of ICT as a vehicle for NGO’s advancement.
- Define and set TORs and specifications for software, hardware and network solutions.
- Advise and prepare blueprints and guidelines supporting establishment of a wholistic Engagement System, including i) management of NGOs capacities analysis, ii) trainees tracking data sets. This data and information organization, will lead to ease of access to information, convene proper information analysis and provide decision support to the management.
- Administrate the NGOs platform, and advice on best ways to utilize and activate it.
- Contribute to planning ICT related activities.
- Organize orientation or brief training to the NGOs staff on the new ICT solutions and systems
Provides administrative and finance support to the NGOs capacity Development programme through:
- Support the preparation of payments, collecting necessary supporting document, ensure UNDP rules and regulation for financial management are adequately followed.
- Support the reporting requirement: track and follow up on progress versus plans as per UNDP Results Based Management.
Carry out any other task requested by the supervisor.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
- Ability to persuade others to follow.
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement.
- Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency
- Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education.
- A first-level university (bachelor’s degree) in sociology, computer science; information management, software engineering, computer science or equivalent Information Management, in combination with 3 years of qualifying experience may be accepted.
- 6 years of software programmes development and implementation including in the field of NGOs capacity development, training, social development and other related fields;
- Good knowledge of the NGOs sector in Syria is an asset.
- Experience in providing training or coaching or ICT consultancies for civil or private organizations.
- Hands on experience in developing e-curriculums and e-learning
- Professional in office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.