The Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Daily Worker contributes to
implement all MEAL processes and activities required to improve programme quality over the cycle of
project implementation, and ensure and demonstrate positive impact on beneficiaries’ lives .
Under the supervision of the MEAL Officers, the MEAL Daily workers will contribute to the
implementation of MEAL activities in the field in data collection for successful delivery and attainment
of project goals and objectives..
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Make contact with target households in the assigned geographical area, and share PUI messages
as per request of the MEAL Officer/Manager or program teams
• Coordinate with LRO/HoB for all issues related to the access, approval and communication with
• Conduct interviews and surveys with these households;
• Collect data from these households, making sure that the respondent has fully understood the
question being asked;
• Ensure data collection by complete fulfillment of pre-arranged questionnaires and forms; using
PUI internal tools and including taking pictures of the M&E and project activities in coordination
with LRO/HoB to ensure the protection of PUI staff and beneficiaries and the adherence to PUI
strategic positioning in the respective field.
• Ensure respect of PUI security protocol by M&E team and in coordination with LRO.
• Ensure data quality;
• Participate in training/information sessions on the data colletion to be carried out;
• Respect the rules of neutrality and the dignity of the respondents during the collection;
• Respect the time limit for each question;
• Write a daily report in the required format;
• He/she can be a potential focal point for PUI Beneficiary Feedback Mechanism. If it’s the case,
his/her task is to receive and record beneficiaries feedback and inform immediately the BFM
• In coordination with MEAL Manager and the MEAL Officers, support in lessons learned and best
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve
depending on the MEAL department and the mission needs. The employee could be requested to
perform other tasks as his/her line Manager may judge necessary.
Qualifications and Technical experience/knowledge and skills:
• Intermediate institute certificate or equivalent
• Willingness to travel to field sites
• Good physical and mental health
• Able to work under pressure
• Strong empathy, understanding of and sensitivity to specific needs of most vulnerable populations
• Teamwork and good interpersonal and listening skills
• Flexibility (multi-tasking)
• Good communicator; negotiation skills
• Ability to work under stress
• Excellent command in speaking, writing and editing documents in Arabic
• Computer and information technology literacy; excellent working knowledge Word is required.
Other required skills:
• Work in line with PUI Data protection SOPs with strong understanding of data confidentiality and
• Ability to work with people from various cultural groups and background.
• Ability to work in structured manner and independently with limited oversight.
• Demonstrated knowledge of conducting qualitative and quantitative data collection, including
mobile data collection is a valuable asset;
• Experience in conducting participatory assessments and surveys is a valuable asset;
• Knowledge and experience regarding Humanitarian Accountability Partnership Standards (HAP) is a
• Clear understanding of Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) is a valuable asset