Overview of the Role:
Responsible for INTERSOS Syria Logistics and Supply activities, as per INTERSOS standard procedures and according to the Program needs, the Syrian legal framework and the local market characteristics. In coordination with Programme and Finance Department and under the supervision of the Logistics and Supply Manager, the Logistic Assistant will support in any relevant logistic tasks needed for the smooth implementation of the
– Prepares bid announcements and follow-up on them.
– Prepares contracts and purchase orders.
– Checks quality and availability of requested items and collects proforma accordingly.
– Follow up manufacture of samples and proof-reads, arrange a technical inspection, and the final go-ahead orders.
– Inspects purchased items against specification and/or samples collected and delivers to store.
– Follows up issuance of goods receiving notes (GRN), and updates procurement status report.
– Prepares payment requests and follows up on the collection of cheques.
– Maintains proper filling and documentation of procurement transactions.
– Advises staff members on specifications, prices, availability and other procurement matters.
– Summarize and prepare procurement status and purchase value reports.
– Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlords, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
– Undertake regular market and supplier assessments for procured items and maintain a database.
– Responsible for direct purchasing tasks including delivery, payment, and closing the payment in coordination with the Finance department.
– Upon proper induction, process all the above tasks using the IMP (INTERSOS online platform).
Inventories and maintenance:
– Responsible for checking the condition of the premises and registering any relevant intervention required or purchase to be done.
– Upon approval of the Logistics Manager contact the relevant technician to fix the identified problem and/or buy the needed items and assure proper documentation according to INTERSOS requirements.
– Responsible for the payment of the utilities.
– Keep track of the fuel consumption.
– Enter in the inventory any item procured using the official templates and guidelines inclusive of IMP.
– Label all the relevant goods and equipment procured.
– Support in preparing good and property reports as per donor requirements and INTERSOS guidelines.
– Conduct a monthly physical inventory of all IT-related assets in the base and centers.
– Responsible for proper maintenance and tracking of assets and office equipment such as AC, Laptops, Printers, etc.
Staff movement and field visits:
– Ensure proper documentation of the vehicle lease, insurance, ID, mechanical inspection, and all the other relevant documentation required by the law.
– Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before traveling and ensuring non-INTERSOS staff when transported sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle.
– Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
– Ensure the respect of security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints, and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules.
– Provide the Logistic Manager with a weekly action plan related to the weekly objectives achieved and the plan of activity for the upcoming week.
– Routinely liaise with the administration department
– Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
– Good knowledge of procurement processes.
– Knowledge in car and office equipment maintenance.
– Proficiency in MS office (word, excel.)
– Driving license issued for more than 3 years.
– Fluency in Arabic, and English is a strong asset
– High level of planning & organizational skills & ability to meet deadlines
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Very good negotiation skills
– Teamwork and cooperative attitude
– Driving and achieving results
– Initiative-taking and strong problem-solving skills
– Flexibility and adaptability