Project Management Tasks
- Manage the related component of the project activities and monitor the progress of this component against the project workplan
- Provide support for completion of assessments required by UNDP, spot checks and audits.
- Manage the budgetary and financial aspects related to this component of the project including the monitoring of financial resources and accounting to ensure the accuracy and reliability of financial reports.
- Monitor progress, watch for plan deviations and make course corrections in coordination with the Project Management and the UNDP Country Office team when needed within project board-agreed tolerances to achieve results.
- Ensure that changes are controlled and problems addressed.
- Prepare revisions to the multi-year workplan, as needed, as well as annual and quarterly plans if required for the related component of the project
- Ensure that the indicators included in the project results framework for related component are monitored annually and all reporting submission deadlines to the EU are respected so that progress can be reported in a timely manner.
- Support the Mid-term review and Terminal Evaluation process as well as any EU validation missions
Technical Project Tasks
- Provide technical guidance and insight on national solid waste management issues related to the specific waste component of the project, particularly in relation to the policy recommendation and the development of technical and legal guidelines and recommendations
- Deliver on the related waste streams targeted by the TaDWIR project based on international best practices and in close coordination with the project manager, the other project staff, the UNDP Country Office as well as the international and local experts.
- Steer all national stakeholder consultation processes to draft and develop relevant waste guidelines and approaches in line with the project document..
- Design the technical roadmap for the relevant waste stream in consultation with the project teams and national stakeholders while considering national priorities.
- Liaise closely with national counterparts and ministries, including but not limited to the Ministry of Environment, Council for Development and Reconstruction, Ministry of Interior and Municipalities, local municipalities and others.
- Coordinate the report on results, lessons learnt and replication options for the specific relevant waste stream
- Present project results in workshops, webinars and public events to support awareness-raising and capacity building.
|Achieve Results:||LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline|
|Think Innovatively:||LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements|
|Learn Continuously:||LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback|
|Adapt with Agility:||LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible|
|Act with Determination:||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident|
|Engage and Partner:||LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships|
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion:||LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination|
|– People Management
UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
|Min. Academic Education||
|Min. years of relevant Work experience||
|Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section||
|Required Language(s) (at working level)||Fluency in English and Arabic.|