Job Purpose :
The Grants and Partnerships Coordinator will lead Lebanon Grants and Partnerships development, including design, proposal (and bids) development, as well as the actualization of the grants and partnerships agreements between Basmeh and Zeitooneh and its potential partners and donors. The Grants and Partnerships Coordinator will also strengthen Basmeh and Zeitooneh’s access to strategic partnerships and cooperation opportunities by establishing and facilitating partnerships with national and international entities, in addition to leading the internal and external efforts throughout the development of consortia and/or individual proposals.
Major Activities :
- Take the lead on designing and developing strategic (multi-year) interventions in close coordination with Basmeh & Zeitooneh’s relevant unit representatives and technical advisors.
- Take the lead on applying to a potential call for project proposals that contributes to the organization’s efforts in achieving its organizational objectives mainly in the framework of its main strategic programs in Lebanon: Protection, Food Security and Livelihoods, Education, and Social Stability.
- Support the Program Managers in developing and reviewing the programs’ frameworks and programs’ sustainable life cycle.
- Conduct a comprehensive donor and partner mapping and create a donor communication and involvement plan in the light of creating sustainable partnerships.
- Seek new strategic partnerships with potential, national and international partners; including implementation partners, governmental and local bodies, and educational and vocational institutions.
- Undergo due diligence meetings with potential partners and prepare/request the needed information from the involved internal or external focal points.
- Regularly update the Grants and Partnerships, as well as reporting trackers upon the occurrence of any relevant developments.
- Hold healthy and effective communication with existing and potential partners.
- Prepare and produce Grants and Partnerships monthly reports, as well as submit monthly staff performance reports.
- Organize and take the lead of weekly Unit team meetings.
- Provide assistance to internal team members in case of any assistance required, related to the management of the Grants and Partnerships.
- Update the organization’s profiles on the online donors’ and partner’s platforms, as well as keep internal records for any reported/updated information on similar platforms.
- Play a key role in mentoring program staff to deliver increasingly high-quality materials that support grant management, fundraising, and advocacy initiatives.
- Ensure that grant management activities are carried out in compliance with donor policies and procedures, and create the relevant tools and training of relevant staff.
- Review grant documents and advise the senior management on donor compliances, policies, and procedures as relevant and required.
- Contribute to the Establishment/development of the organization’s funding strategies.
- Organize project planning and project kick-off meetings.
People Management: Managing one to two Grants Officers and Proposal Writers. As well as managing one intern or volunteer.
Education & Experience:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (at least) in project management, NGO management, International Relations (or its sub-disciplines), Public Health, Business Development or other relevant fields.
- Post-graduate degree(s) in relevant fields will be considered an added value to the candidate’s application.
- At least 3 years experience in NGO, humanitarian, and development sector in Lebanon (or the Middle East). The priority will be given to candidates that have experience in Protection, Food Security and Livelihoods, Education, and Social Stability.
- Flexibility to travel within the region as and when required will be considered an added value to the candidate’s application.
- At least 3-5 years of proven track record of securing funds and managing significant funding from a range of institutional donors such as DFID, USAID, and EU directly or through partnerships.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, including demonstrated effectiveness in communication with donors and other project stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with limited guidance.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic language is required.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Google Suite (Google Mail, Google Drive, Google Docs, and Spreadsheets…), Microsoft Office package, as well as teleconferencing means and platforms (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, Google Meet…)
For more information please visit the link below :