- Maintain custody of the office cash fund and make daily payments of approved transactions.
- Record cash payments daily on Navigator and supporting documents.
- Review expense reports (travel expense reports and operational expense reports) for accuracy and completeness and ensure that expense reports have been fully approved before payment
- Perform and document frequent cash counts.
- Assist in verifying and prepare receipts for payments.
- Maintain a file system for finance documents, vouchers, invoices, Partners….;
- Perform clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, reservation of the conference room, and scheduling meetings.
- Ensure to documents the Approval Authority Matrix hard and soft copies.
- Assist in Preparing the Service provider’s payment, and Ensure proper supporting documents are in place before submission for signature.
- Assist on reconciliation between field team output, main office/PDX orders, and service provider output.
- Assist in developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (for financial matters) as may necessary
- Upload Sub-Award Financial report on Navigator
- Assist the Country office and the regional office in the month close including the Balance sheet reconciliation, Amortization and prepaid /Accrual expenses, if needed.
- Prepare the EPAR for the PSP Expatriate
- Prepare all re-class related to the PSP team , requested from the Country office
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support the senior finance officer in all fund transfer activities and payments.
- Assist on daily and weekly reconciliations of IMTAs tracker.
- Serve as a custodian of archived documents and ensure hard and soft copies of documents are properly maintained/archived.
- Any other related duties that may be reasonably assigned by the supervisor.
HUMAN RESOURCES, SAFEGUARDING AND DIVERSITY
- Support Mercy Corps global and regional initiatives for human resources, including safeguarding and diversity, and talent development;
- Collaborate with the people team to promote staff access to high quality learning opportunities, with a special emphasis on national team member development;
- Assist with the on-boarding of senior team members, ensuring they are set up for success and familiar with agency systems, procedures, and protocols.
- Engage and support countries across the region to ensure that adequate risk management systems are in place;
- Collaborate with country leadership to support preparedness and response to major disruptive events;
- Engage with country teams on the internal audit process to track findings and ensure country team compliance with IA findings and recommendations;
- Engage with country level Ethics and Assurance managers as well as the global Ethics and Assurance department to track and analyze trends and needs across countries;
Reports Directly To: Finance Coordinator
Works Directly With: Sub-Awards team, Program Team, HR Coordinator, Finance team in the country office, regional Finance Team in Jordan.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- One or more years of bookkeeping, banking or cashiering experience
- A degree in accounting or a relevant business field is desirable.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Accuracy in the processing of cash transactions, mathematical aptitude and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Arabic Typing Skills