1.Technical support and implementation: Implement child protection programmatic approaches, models of interventions and tools. and contribute to the programmatic strategy development.
– Under the guidance of the Regional Child protection advisor, support, assist in the development of programmatic approaches and technical resources
– Contribute to the Syria delegation child protection expertise
– Roll out and implement child protection interventions including meeting child protection minimum standards (CPMS) in programming, case management and MHPSS approaches.
– Under the technical guidance of the Regional Child protection advisor, contribute and assist with the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), program and technical guidelines, tools, fact sheets and other documents
– Under the guidance of the Regional Child protection advisor, assist in the development of assessment tools, drafting evidence-based assessments, , and situational analysis
– Draft concise, useful and analytical reports, case studies, challenges and other documents as needed on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and as requested by TDH and donors
– Assist the program manager in ensuring interventions are delivered according to work plan and report any delays and issues in a timely manner.
2. Quality assurance and learning: child protection standards are applied and support with the capacity building efforts on child protection in the delegation and partners.
– Consistently apply child protection minimum international and internal institutional standards across all programmatic interventions
– Proactively participate in field missions, monitoring visits and regular team meetings and support the Program Manager in ensuring all projects and programs implementing child protection related interventions are in line with the expected standards of quality
– Participate in regular program review meetings and provide technical support
– Monitor and support with evaluation exercises and workshops to contribute to the field of expertise
– Assist with the development and delivery of child protection capacity building activities like train-ing and coaching in the area of case management, MNHPSS, non-formal education, and alterna-tive care placement including those implemented with and through partners
– Conduct protection risk analysis for all partner and Tdh interventions and support in monitoring mitigation measures throughout project implementation
– Participate in learning events/opportunities, including in face to face or virtual regional, global and national learning events as required by the supervisor
3. Representation: support Tdh in Syria to play an active role and participating in local forums and clusters with national and international stakeholders.
– Represent Tdh in Protection and Child Protection cluster meetings and MHPSS taskforce
– Support in identifying partnerships with local NGOs and other key stakeholders in the area of child protection
– Represent Tdh as and when needed, particularly to communities, partners and donors, with or on behalf of the CRs as required by the direct supervisor;
4. Safeguarding: Act as a safeguarding focal point in support of Tdh in Syria.
– Disseminate and raise awareness on safeguarding policies and new policies and processes
– Advise and support staff and partners with the implementation of the safeguarding policies
– Under the direction of the country delegate, conduct the annual safeguarding diagnostic and definition of annual safeguarding plan of action
5. Others :
– Knowledge of institutional policies and internal regulations of Terre des hommes;
– Respects Terre des hommes security procedures in Syria
– Any other duty as required by the supervisor and Country Representative.
– A professional sense of security, confidentiality, and proper representation is paramount. The in-cumbent will conduct her/his duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes and Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy. Terre des hommes expects that its contractors’ professional conduct reflect proper behaviour in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and defends in all circumstances the interests of the movement.
Education / Qualifications
– University degree; preferable in Social Sciences, International Development, or Law is required;
– Minimum 3 years of child protection experience especially in MHPSS, case management and nonformal education in a similar position with international or national NGOs is preferred
– Fluency in English and Arabic