Duties and responsibilities
- Manage and implement a delegated portfolio of projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated by Area Manager in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality;
- Develop modalities for community engagement and identify synergies (within NRC and with other stakeholders) and opportunities for interventions, particularly in capacity building, referral to services and information provision;
- Coordinate, and where necessary engage in, support to NRC integrated projects, to input on beneficiary identification and activity selection criteria, especially in collaboration with other NRC programmes;
- Conduct field monitoring visits to engage with stakeholders, to support NRC field staff and uphold programme quality, ensuring that projects target beneficiaries most in need;
- Represent NRC externally, and develop and maintain positive relationships with key interlocutors at Area level, and build the capacity of NRC field staff to maintain a network of stakeholders;
- Oversee the team’s work in identifying and mobilizing community focal points, as part of NRC’s area-based approach to service delivery;
- Drawing inputs from field staff, provide regular field reports to Line Manager and Area Manager, highlighting technical or operational successes or challenges, and providing up-to-date briefings and analysis on relevant issues;
- Contribute to strategy development, project proposals and input on needs and gaps;
- Ensure compliance by the Officers with policies, and implementation of data management and M&E tools; Other tasks relevant to the position as requested by the line manager.
- A university degree in law, social science or other related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management, including supervision of staff and ensuring
- compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Significant experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting on project activities
- Strong organizational and team work skills
- Prior experience of representing an I/NGO, especially in coordination and partnerships
- MS Office computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to manage and priorities a varied workload in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Ability to understand and implement organizational and donor policies.
- Proven people management experience and knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal Personal qualities
Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results