Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Lebanon office is looking for an Assistant to the Accountant & financial Administrator. We are a young and dynamic team with a great team-spirit, looking for someone, who is motivated to join us.
Reports to: Financial Administrator
A. Your Responsibilities & Tasks
The Assistant to the Accountant & Financial Administrator is responsible for the following tasks:
1. Financial services
• Independent bookkeeping of KAS and performing the accounting of KAS in accordance with KAS rules and regulations.
• Responsible for cash box and carrying out accounting tasks using KAS accounting software.
• Checking the vouchers and receipts submitted by the projects/programs for completeness and allocation to cost units and categories, and correcting these where necessary.
• Assisting Financial Administrator in preparing salaries of staff, NSSF contributions and their income taxes.
• Supporting Financial Administrator in ensuring that financial administration functions well in accordance with KAS standard procedures.
• reporting all problems with financial administration and compliance to Financial Administrator.
• Assisting Financial Administrator in monitoring the monthly bank reconciliations for KAS office, and going to the banks for implementing the required transactions with the banks during the month.
• Finalizing and follow up the legal documents that required for KAS office in the ministries of finance and interior and foreign affairs. As well as vehicle registration at local authorities.
• Preparing the travel expenses form and calculating per diem expenses.
• Responsible for filing the financial and legal documents in accordance with KAS rules.
2. Office work and services
• Following up on purchased equipment and keeping inventory lists updated and properly filed in the software.
• Following up on KAS office library and keeping inventory lists updated and properly filed in the software.
• Following up on Car log book of the project vehicle and keeping it updated in the software.
• Procuring IT-materials and equipment for KAS office, monitor markets, issues tender requests and processes orders in accordance with KAS regulations.
• Supporting in planning, holding and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other events.
• Supporting in preparing necessary documents related to stay in country or travels (i.e. visa and residence permits, work permit/iQama etc.)
• Assisting in logistics works in the office.
• Performing other duties and tasks at the request of management.
3. Reception services and other duties
• Assures presence at KAS Lebanon Office in Beirut.
• Answers and accepts phone calls and messages and/or forwards them accordingly
• Registers, documents and organizes incoming and outgoing correspondence (letters, emails, packages and personally delivered messages)
Qualifications & professional experience:
BA in accounting and auditing or similar area. At least 3-5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
C. Other knowledge, additional competences:
– In-depth knowledge of accounting software.
– Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, internet, social media) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
– Confidential handling of data and information.
– Fluent knowledge of Arabic and English; French is a plus.
– Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
– Readiness to join and be part of an optimistic and collegial team-spirit.
Candidates should send their application, including CV and a letter of motivation, in a single PDF document.
For more information please visit the link below: