Administrative and Finance Associate will be responsible for:
- Adapts processes and procedures, anticipates and manages operational requirements of Programme/ project inputs under national execution in terms of personnel, sub-contracts, equipment, fellowships, study tours, and other Programme and project-related events to facilitate Programme/ project delivery.
- Prepares and monitors the Field Office administrative budget and ensures financial transactions are in accordance with UNFPA financial rules and procedures.
- Implements corporate systems and applications in support of finance and country office operations, creates systems and mechanisms for effective management of UNFPA resources, and advises and trains project staff.
- Reviews procurement requests and initiates procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services in a transparent and cost-effective manner; recommends procurement decisions. Contributes to the smooth running of the office by ensuring provision and maintenance of services and supplies following-up processes and maintaining up-to-date inventory and records.
- Provides guidance to functional units on financial accountability within Programme responsibilities and on the effective use of Programme resources
- Verifies receipt of goods and services, ensuring specification, condition and quantities of goods are correct and paperwork is complete and properly filed.
- Provide support and coaching to IPs for the preparation and timely submission of Fund Authorization and Certificate of Expenditures (FACE).
- Participate in monitoring and spot checks of the IPs expenditures to ensure the compliance with approved budgets and the reliability of the supporting documentation;
- In close coordination with the Programme Operations Support (POS) unit, contributes to the follow-up of the IP’s compliance with audits and evaluation recommendations;
- Ensures that corporate procurement management policies and strategies are adequately applied by IPs in project implementation;
- Provides information needed to respond to audit observations/findings.
- Maintains a central filing system; ensuring consistent use and appropriate archiving of official administrative documents.
- Participates in the identification and formulation of the project work plans with emergency technical team and various partners, revise work plans and prepare tables and statistical data.
- Contributes to the creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the Country Office and drafting relevant materials for dissemination.
- Provides logistical support to projects by coordinating review meetings and other project related workshops and events. To provide logistical, administrative assistance with regards to the planning and implementation of programme office events, meeting and workshops and perform other tasks as required.
- Contribute to verification, certification, reconciliations and year-end processes as required,
- Perform any other duty as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business Administrations. Public administration, economics or related field is preferable with 3 years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management .
- Or High School degree with 6 years of relevant experience in in administration, finance or office management.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Previous experience with UN is an advantage.
- Proficiency in current office software applications.
• Exemplifying integrity
• Demonstrating a commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
• Embracing diversity in all its forms
• Embracing change
• Achieving Results
• Being Accountable
• Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
• Thinking analytically and Strategically
• Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
• Communicating for Impact
- Business acumen.
- Client orientation.
- Implementing management systems.