The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
Full time position
- The protection of populations of concern is met through the application of International and National Law, relevant UN/UNHCR protection standards and IASC principles.
- Protection activities are guided by the UNHCR country protection strategy.
- The participation of persons of concern is facilitated through continuous assessment and evaluation using participatory, rights and community based approaches.
- Protection incidents are immediately identified and reported.
- Effective and timely support is provided to the formulation of a clear and coherent protection and solutions oriented strategy, which incorporates a thorough age, gender and diversity analysis and reflects the Organization’s global, regional and country level priorities.
- AGD sensitive analysis of community risks and capacities provides the essential basis for all of UNHCR’s work.
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified individual to fill-in the vacancy of Finance & Administration Assistant - Community Centers to work in Hama under employment contract
Who are we?
- UNHCR office has sufficient administrative and local support for the field activities thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
DCA invites applications for an EOD IMAS level 3+ (IEDD) IEDD Operator and Technical Advisor to support its programme in North East Syria. This position is based on donor funding and is expected to start in January 2019.
DanChurchAid (DCA) invites applications for a Geographic Information System (GIS) technician for the Syria & Iraq programme. This is a non-family position based in North East Syria (NES).
The DCA Syria & Iraq programme is a growing programme with a 3-year footprint in northern Syria and 1-year footprint in Iraq. The activities are wide-ranging and include risk education, survey, clearance of explosive hazards, cash transfers, vocational training, NFI distribution, psychosocial support and early recovery.
DanChurchAid (DCA) invites applications for an experienced Trauma Medic for its Syria programme based North East Syria.
The Trauma Medic (TM) main responsibilities are to provide medical assistance to all DCA survey, search and clearance activities in North East Syria and to also train, mentor and capacity build National Medics. The TM reports directly to the Medical Coordinator and is overseen by the Operations Manager.
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified individual to provide a service in the Humanitarian field as Child Protection Field Worker in Aleppo.
Who are we?
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The Communication & Advocacy Manager will be the main contact focal point for all internal and external communications related to the Jafra Foundation.
Line manager: Executive Director
Supervise: Social Media Officer, Communication Officer, Media & Design officer
In direct cooperation with: Jafra Senior Management Team (Program Coordinator, Support Services Coordinator, Grants Coordinator)
RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES