Water and Habitat Engineer
• Draw up documents for engineering projects using the approved formats by ICRC.
• Assist, develop, implement, report and supervise Water and Habitat projects; water, sanitation, power supply and construction.
• Responsible for the financial follow up and tendering procedures for each project.
• Liaise with local authorities and representatives with the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) on the activities carried out.
• Support Water and Habitat engineers in other governorates if necessary.
• University degree in Mechanical, civil or architecture engineering
• 3 to 5 years work experience in a similar field
• Very good computer skills, especially MS office and engineering softwares (AutoCad 2D) or equivalent.
• Excellent command of spoken and written English.
• Good geographical knowledge of Aleppo Governorate and the North West Area.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent humanitarian organization, which has been permanently present in Syria since 1967. The ICRC works closely and supports the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) organization to provide food, water, healthcare and other forms of relief assistance to people affected by the fighting. The ICRC also visits people detained and helps them to stay in contact with their families. This service is also provided to families separated as a result of the fighting.