Site Engineer/Field Officer
Work with communities and partners across all sectors including Education (School Rehabilitation), WASH (boreholes, elevated tanks, water networks and other WASH – related infrastructures), Health (including health centre rehabilitation), and Emergency Response (multi-sectoral assessments in collective Shelters and other temporary hosting sites for IDP populations). assess the water sanitation & rehabilitation needs of potential shelters.
• Prepare technical studies including BOQs and technical specifications for the validated activities.
• Develop BOQ and TORs for contractors taking into consideration access issues for men, women, boys and girls, and people with disabilities
. Follow up in implementation to ensure standard and qualitative systems established.
. Visits to the field to:
- Monitor and evaluate appropriate implementation of activities
- Monitor materials, equipment and supplies related to WASH/shelter activities
- Supervise the work of the contractors, ensuring the quality, accuracy and efficiency of the work.
. Propose additional facilities as required by the shelter residents to meet MoLA and Shelter and WASH sector guidelines
• Supervise the work of the contractors, ensuring the quality, accuracy and efficiency of the work
• Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports and support to the Supervisor
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and environment or Architecture.
• At least 3 years’ experience preforming similar tasks
• Technical background or experience working with construction, water and sanitation projects an advantage
• Good communication, interpersonal and coordination skills sensitive to the cultural environment
• Very good computer skills
• Ability and willingness to work and travel under hardship conditions
• Be culturally sensitive, friendly and caring
• English skills an advantage
• This position is 100% resident in DER EZZOR