Senior Programme Assistant
- UNHCR country office has sufficient administrative assistance and support in routine services and activities within Programme Section thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- IP agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects, registers and maintains information on project activities.
- Prepare status and progress reports, prepare tables and draft routine correspondence.
- Prepare background material for use in discussions and briefing sessions.
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse programme performance, trends and target interventions.
- Review the implementation and performance of IPs agreements through appropriate physical monitoring to evaluate the projects by reviewing work plans, progress reports, budget, financial reports and expenditures. This may include field visits for specific monitoring and evaluation issues.
- Apply UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus, Focus Client) to assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level.
- Assist in ensuring compliance in issuance of audit certificates for Implementing Partners.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Provide inputs for the country operations plan (including budgets, staffing levels and structures) as well as prepare inputs for funding submissions, appeals and reports.
- Access the relevant information and programme records, Focus/ MSRP data.
- Represent UNHCR in physical monitoring of projects.
Education and Skills:
- Education: Completion of Secondary education courses/ training/ certificate in Business Administration, Social Science, International Law or related field.
- Computer skills (in MS office).
- Job experience: Minimum 4 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Completion of the UNHCR Learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR financial rules, procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of UNHCR specific programmes (MSRP, Focus, etc.).
- Prior exposure to UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to office administration and programme activities.
Please apply in writing by completing and signing the Personal History Form (as per link below) and including an up to date CV as well as your motivation letter. Please also indicate the following vacancy announcement number, position title and location: UNHCR/VN/2019/13, Senior Programme Assistant, Sweida
All applications must be submitted by e-mail to: SYRDAHUMANRES@unhcr.org indicating the vacancy number. No hard copies (paper applications) will be accepted.
Applications received will not be acknowledged, only the successful candidates will be notified of the outcome of the competitive process, and will be invited for a written test and an interview.
Non Syrian Arabs must attach their valid residence permit as well as a valid work permit. Applications received without these documents will not be considered.
A Personal History Form is attached for ease of reference and can also be downloaded from the following link: http://www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc
Please note that the Personal History Form is mandatory and must be SIGNED by the applicant.