Senior Admin/ Finance Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes entitlements, issues of contracts and maintains various personnel records and files;
- Assists in the recruitment of GS staff by evaluating candidate applications and conducting preliminary interviews;
- Assists in surveys on local cost of living, local salaries, housing rental and collecting the information on the above-mentioned; Processing requests for visas, identity cards, driving licences and other personnelrelated documents; Prepare travel authorization and assist in the submission of travel claims;
- Attends meetings on day-to-day admin. matters; administers the movement of local staff members, their attendance, leave plan, overtime, etc. Assists in the preparation of inventory records of non-expendable equipment for submission to Hqs and takes care of stationary order;
- Maintains financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports;
- Assists in preparing financial vouchers and monthly accounts;
- Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data;
- Assists in preparing admin. budget submission for entire year; maintains liaison with officials of local bank to obtain day-to-day information in exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Skills:
- Education: Completion of Secondary Education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
- Computer skills (MS office and People Soft applications).
- Job experience: Minimum 5 years of job experience relevant to the function.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Knowledge in UNHCR Admin and financial rules, procedures and processes;
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP (Peoplesoft);
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
Please apply in writing by completing and signing the Personal History Form (as per link below) and including an up to date CV as well as your motivation letter. Please also indicate the following vacancy announcement number, position title and location: UNHCR/VN/2019/03, Senior Admin/ Finance Assistant, Qamishli
All applications must be submitted by e-mail to: SYRDAHUMANRES@unhcr.org indicating the vacancy number. No hard copies (paper applications) will be accepted.
Applications received will not be acknowledged, only the successful candidates will be notified of the outcome of the competitive process, and will be invited for a written test and an interview.
Non Syrian Arabs must attach their valid residence permit as well as a valid work permit. Applications received without these documents will not be considered.
A Personal History Form is attached for ease of reference and can also be downloaded from the following link:
Please note that the Personal History Form is mandatory and must be SIGNED by the applicant