Risk Education Field Officer
• Participate in planning, implementing and monitoring of Risk Education program in Syria related to legacy of conflict; landmines and other unexploded ordnance.
• Organize relevant risk education trainings and workshops and participate in developing the training program.
• Responsible for the logistics, financial and administrative tasks related to the department and its activities.
• Liaise closely with the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) branches, relevant NGOs and organizations involved in risk education activities.
• Follow up the progress of the risk education activities through office work and regular field visits.
• Create statistical and narrative reports as required and submit reports as requested by the Head of Sub-Delegation and SARC focal point of Risk Education.
• Translate from English to Arabic and vice versa.
• University degree.
• 3 - 5 years work experience in the field.
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Very good computer skills.
• Good geographical knowledge.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Previous experience in training will be an asset.
• Experience in project management.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent humanitarian organization, which has been permanently present in Syria since 1967. The ICRC works closely and supports the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) organization to provide food, water, healthcare and other forms of relief assistance to people affected by the fighting. The ICRC also visits people detained and helps them to stay in contact with their families. This service is also provided to families separated as a result of the fighting.