Resettlement Associate Job ID: 18362
Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 14:20
Desirable qualifications and competencies:
- Good knowledge of UNHCR Resettlement policies and operational applications in different resettlement countries and situations.
- Completion of UNHCR specific learning/training activities (e.g., PLP and RSD/Resettlement Learning Programme, resettlement anti-fraud workshop).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview, assess resettlement needs, and process persons identified for resettlement, following established procedures; undertake field missions as required.
- Where applicable, review and assess special resettlement cases and prepares individual submissions for presentation to resettlement countries; keep offices informed on the status of special resettlement cases; liaise with offices on case processing and provide advice as required.
- Comply with UNHCR’s standard operating procedures on resettlement, ensuring timely action on cases.
- Follow up on status of cases from submission to departure; ensure effective in-country communication on the status and follow-up on persons of concern being considered for resettlement; ensure that records on individual cases are kept up-to-date.
- Provide persons of concern and partners with up-to-date and accurate information on UNHCR’s resettlement policies and procedures.
- Assist in monitoring the quality of submissions, providing the concerned staff with basic guidance and advice.
- Manage, maintain and update proGres or Consolidated Online Resettlement Tracking System (CORTS) database and provide technical support.
- Coordinate travel and departure arrangements for refugees accepted for resettlement.
- Organize logistical support for governments undertaking resettlement missions.
- Maintain accurate resettlement statistics as well as up-to-date records on individual cases; assist in the preparation of reports.
- Assist in assessing resettlement needs, preparing a strategy and budget for resettlement activities and monitoring expenditures.
- Provide administrative support for resettlement-related training activities.
- Systematically apply an Age, Gender and Diversity perspective in all aspects of the resettlement process; comply with UNHCR policy and guidelines on HIV/AIDS.
- Assist in mitigating resettlement fraud through oversight (including in-country travel), advice and guidance).
- Recommend cases that are eligible for resettlement consideration.
- Provide counselling to persons of concern.
- Resettlement delivery is needs-based, non-discriminatory and prioritized for refugees most in need of this solution.
- UNHCR’s resettlement policies and standards are correctly and coherently applied.
- Persons of concern are made aware of UNHCR’s resettlement procedures and have fair and transparent access to and participation in the resettlement process.
- Fraud in the resettlement process is promptly identified and addressed.
- Please apply in writing by completing and signing the Personal History Form (as per link below) and including an up to date CV as well as your motivation letter. Please also indicate the following vacancy announcement number, position title and location: Attention Vacancy No: UNHCR/VN/ 2019/18, Resettlement Associate, Damascus
- All applications must be submitted by e-mail to: SYRDAHUMANRES@unhcr.org indicating the vacancy number. No hard copies (paper applications) will be accepted.
- A Personal History Form is attached for ease of reference and can also be downloaded from the following link: http://www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc
- Please note that the Personal History Form is mandatory and must be SIGNED by the applicant.
- Non Syrian Arabs must attach their valid residence permit as well as a valid work permit. Applications received without these documents will not be considered.