Relief Field Officer
- Participate in planning, implementation and monitoring of the ICRC Relief and Livelihood program in the assigned area.
- Assess the humanitarian situation and needs, particularly in the field of economic security, emergencies and livelihoods of the affected population.
- Establish and maintain regular coordination with the relevant humanitarian and other actors.
- Participate actively in the development of strategies, plans, project proposals and programs linked with livelihood / relief activities.
- Ensure an effective collaboration with the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) branches as the key operational partner of the ICRC in Syria.
- Follow up the progress of relief and livelihood activities through office work and regular field visits.
- Assist in running and developing other field activities as required
- Generate statistical and narrative reports as required.
- Translate from English to Arabic and vice-versa.
- High school or professional diploma.
- 2-3 years work experience in a similar field.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Good geographical knowledge of Aleppo and the North Western suburb.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent humanitarian organization, which has been permanently present in Syria since 1967. The ICRC works closely and supports the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) organization to provide food, water, healthcare and other forms of relief assistance to people affected by the fighting. The ICRC also visits people detained and helps them to stay in contact with their families. This service is also provided to families separated as a result of the fighting.