- UNHCR's Registration Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are implemented in accordance with relevant UNHCR standards and policies.
- Persons of concern have fair and transparent access to registration procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of registration strategies and methodologies for populations of concern.
- Assist in the supervision and daily running of registration team activities, where required.
- Conduct registration interviews when required in accordance with registration standards and guidance.
- Provide counselling to, and responds to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR's registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation.
- Draft correspondence and reports relating to registration activities in the operation, when required
- Provide statistics and draft reports related to registration data, as requested.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- In consultation with the supervisor, make decisions related to the day-to-day operations of the registration unit and devise registration procedures which are efficient and effective.
- Draft and submit reports and statistics related to registration.
Education and Skills: - Completion of Secondary School with post-secondary training/certificate in social sciences, statistics, mathematics, information technology, or related fields.
Experience: - Minimum 6 years of relevant professional job experience.
- Good computer skills, particularly in data management.
Languages: - Excellent knowledge of English and the local language.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES.
- Training in basic principles of international protection.
- Experience in working with UNHCR proGres software.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language.
Please apply in writing by completing and signing the Personal History Form (as per link below) and including an up to date CV as well as your motivation letter. Please also indicate the following vacancy announcement number, position title and location: Attention Vacancy No: UNHCR/VN/ 2019/12, Registration Associate, Damascus All applications must be submitted by e-mail to: SYRDAHUMANRES@unhcr.org indicating the vacancy number. No hard copies (paper applications) will be accepted.
Applications received will not be acknowledged, only the successful candidates will be notified of the outcome of the competitive process, and will be invited for a written test and an interview.
Non Syrian Arabs must attach their valid residence permit as well as a valid work permit. Applications received without these documents will not be considered.
A Personal History Form is attached for ease of reference and can also be downloaded from the following link: http://www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc
Please note that the Personal History Form is mandatory and must be SIGNED by the applicant.