Protection Project Manager
Coordination and supervision of the protection team (operation, technical supervision & programme management)
- Participate in the staff recruitment of the project team in coordination with the Center Manager, Protection Technical Manager, and HR team;
- Ensure that all the staff recruited are well trained, and support them on a technical level when needed with coordination with and support from technical manager;
- Ensure that all the staff recruited are familiar with B&Z’s protection policies and international protection standards;
- Ensure quality and minimum child protection standards are implemented and respected in all activities, including the B&Z child protection policy;
- Ensure that all the project staff are able to identify at-risk cases and refer them to the protection focal point in the center;
- Provide direct line management to the project team, and supervise the performance of teammembers working with women, men, and children to ensure the quality and sensitivity of the psychosocial support sessions delivered;
- Develop and monitor the work plan to meet the project objectives, targets and timeline through regular coordination with the project team;
- Ensure effective communication and reporting when diverting from the activity work plans and target, and/or when facing challenges in implementation to the Centre Manager in timely manner;
- Ensure that all the referral pathways and referral cases are well documented in Case Agenda, complying with confidentiality and ethical standards.
Direct implementation of the programme (operation & programme management)
- Provide managerial support to the social workers to ensure that the psycho-social support group sessions for children, women and men participants are organized as planned at the centre;
- Provide technical support to the case manager when required for the follow up with identified high risk cases and ensure effective internal and external case referral;
- Provide technical authorization for the use of emergency cash to respond to urgent protection cases as per B&Z policy;
- Oversee the organization of BLN courses by setting a workplan in line with the Project contrac and managing the teachers;
- Manage the relief team for the distribution of food and hygiene vouchers for vulnerable households;
- Establish and maintain a monthly and weekly work plan with project team which will include weekly monitoring meetings in all locations of implementation, and assist the technical manager in regular technical assessment of the team;
- Create and update activity plans per activity/program site and ensure that the targets, program objectives and activity plans are clear to the protection team staff.
Responsibilities with the Operations team:
- Participate in writing the concept note, proposal, and budget by providing operational and technical inputs from the field;
- Setting the outreach plan and conduct outreach training in accordance with the protection standards and organizational policies;
- Ensure that all social workers, community mobilizers, trainers and case managers provide monthly reports and/or case agenda regularly and timely;
- Collect all reports and provide a monthly report to the Center Manager in a timely manner.
- Contribute to donor reports in coordination with the Center Manager and Technical Manager.
Responsibilities with the Technical and Center Managers:
- Establish and conduct meetings with local stockholders for the benefit of the program;
- Participate in regional level protection working groups conducted by international and local partners;
- Under the supervision of the technical manager, conduct training needs assessment of the team, and identify suitable training conducted by international and local partners for their participation;
- Support the teams on a technical level when needed by providing trainings and technical supervision with coordination with the technical manager;
Any other related tasks as per request of the Center Manager and Area manager.
Responsibilities with the Monitoring and Evaluation team:
- Ensure that all data related to the project is documented, available and organized upon the request of the program or M&E team.
Responsibilities with the Logistics team:
- Create and update up to date procurement plans and ensure all the materials are ordered and delivered to the staff working in specific locations in a timely manner;
- Follow up with logistics officer regarding all the requested items and the maintenance requests.
Responsibilities with the Finance team:
- Create a cash flow for the project;
- Send cash need for the finance officer;
- Follow up with the accountant regarding all the invoices and provide supporting documents for each payment.
Essential skills, background and experience required:
- Work experience: previous working experience in social work and/or protection work, particularly psycho-social support, at an (I)NGO, humanitarian agency, or related field (minimum two years)
- Experience working directly with children, women, people affected with conflict
- Experience in project management and/or good understanding of programme cycle management
- Thorough understanding of protection standards
- Adequate reporting and writing skills in English and Arabic
- Team work spirit, empathy and good inter-personal communication skills
EDUCATION DEGREE DETAILS:
Bachelor in Psychology and/or social work, or Masters in human rights, and/or related field in humanitarian/development work
- Organizational skills and time management skills
- Have sensitivity to trauma and cultural/religious norms (desirable)
- Competence to prioritize tasks, and experience in oversight field staff and coordinate across centers and implementing programs
- Familiar with working in sensitive context such Shatila