Project Manager – Explosive Risk Awareness
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager – Explosive Risk Awareness in Damascus, Syria. The duration of this post 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager – Explosive Risk Awareness will perform the following functions-
- Stakeholder Management:
- Ensure accurate, complete, representative and timely substantive reporting on the project, its activities, and key milestones to all stakeholders in collaboration with the Programme unit.
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products.
- Advise the Head of Syria Office on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
- Manage the information flows between the management hierarchy and the project(s).
- Ensure the project is accurately and appropriately represented to external audiences, under the strategic guidance of the Head of Syria Office.
- This includes via various consolidated and participatory processes (annual and multi-annual budget planning, HRP and within the UN coordination infrastructure), as well as with UN agencies, funds and programmes, government counterparts, donors, and other key stakeholders.
- Delivery and Performance:
- With the support of the Head of Syria Office and senior management team, work with key government, UN and member state stakeholders to define project implementation modalities, outcomes, outputs and activities.
- Ensure all project activities are conducted in compliance with humanitarian principles and a humanitarian prioritization process for implementation of activities is agreed by key stakeholders, including Governmental, UN agencies, funds and programmes and donors in line with these key principles.
- Manage the delivery toward project outputs, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources, as well as initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Develop and maintain project plans.
- Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set at the programme level, and in line with the programme strategy.
- Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into project life cycle.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline, with a minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- University Degree (bachelor’s degree/first level) in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline with a minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
- Military Experience (or relevant Police Experience) at the Staff Officer level combined with 11 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in project management related field.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in humanitarian mine action is required.
- Experience in delivering Risk Awareness Projects is desired.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Experience with the UN is desired.
- Fluency in English (writing, speaking and reading) is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.