Project Coordinator Syria
RNW Media’s Citizen Voice project is hiring a Coordinator for Syria. Apply now to be part of a great team and a growing movement!
At RNW Media, we support young people who want to speak freely and make their own informed choices about their futures. We work with them to develop online platforms that provide young people with information in areas where this information is often restricted or taboo. These platforms are safe places where they can engage with each other and have conversations about what really matters to them – both personally and politically. Your job will be to support them as they find their voices, build communities and drive social change.
We use a positive, aspirational approach and are working in three regions on two themes. The first theme focuses on realising sexual and reproductive health and gender rights (SRHGR) through Love Matters. Here we’ll focus on unmet needs relating to reproductive health and access to safe abortion, intimate partner violence, gender based violence and LGBT rights. The second theme is called Citizens’ Voice and will surface hopes and dreams as well as barriers to participation such as discrimination, polarization, corruption, violence and lack of accountability. We’re facilitating and supporting youth in becoming the citizen they want to be in the society they want to be in. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are Burundian bloggers collective Yaga, the Yemen Youth Panel and This is Africa.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Project Coordinator Syria (Freelance)
vacancy number: 17-021
Purpose of the position;
The project coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of the projects in the ground, working closely with partners and local team.
What do you have to do?
· Planning, conceptualizing and implementing online and offline events and trainings with team members,
· Developing and nurturing mutually beneficial relationships with multiple stakeholders
· Ensuring PMEL systems are implemented,
· Managing budgets for activities and required compliances,
· Overseeing website and social media content and ensuring it is in line with agreed content and engagement strategies,
· Overseeing implementation of agreed online engagement activities and campaigns,
· Contributing to the development and writing of fundraising proposals,
· Managing local staff and interns,
· Representing RNW Media at relevant events and conferences,
· Effective communication with core team in Hilversum, the Netherlands, reporting to regional manager.
What do you need to have?
· A design-thinking approach to project development putting end-user needs first is crucial;
· 5+ years of relevant experience in project management, journalism, or development work;
· Knowledge of using media for development;
· Experience in working democratic inclusion, civic engagement and/or media issues in the Mena region;
· Understanding of NGO needs and requirements;
· Understanding of digital media;
· A thorough understanding of how to deliver projects according to donor needs;
· Proposal writing experience;
· Strong organizational skills;
· Able to manage and motivate a team;
· Affinity with our young target group (18 – 30)
· Proficient in Arabic and English
· The position is based in Syria.
How to apply?
To apply, please complete the application form below before 21 July 2017. If we have a lot of response and / or found a suitable candidate we will close the vacancy before the given end date.
Due to the large number of applications we are likely to receive, we will not be able to respond to every application. Only candidates that get selected for the interview phase will be notified.
Acquisition will not be appreciated.