ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Established in 1950, World Vision International operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty. We serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
The scope of the organization is world-wide. Its ministries are varied depending on the needs and contexts of the respective countries in which it operates. For more information on the history of World Vision, please visit the website on www.wvi.org
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Project Assistant for World Vision Syria Response will be responsible for coordinating various office support services, performs basic clerical tasks and operates basic office equipment for the Akhtarien Office.
- provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying to management
- maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- perform data entry and scan documents
- assist in resolving any administrative problems
- Maintain and order office supplies including stationary
- Provide additional administrative support for the replenishment team as requested.
- Coordinates and maintains records for staff office space, phones, and office keys.
- Creates and modifies various documents using Microsoft Office.
- Managing diaries in current and accurate status.
- Coordinates travel arrangements as needed.
- Answer phones promptly and uses good judgment to prioritize the distribution of messages in a timely manner.
- Responsible for keeping inventory of all office supplies and placing orders for replenishment is needed.
- Records minutes at various meetings and archives them accordingly.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Assist in securing team
- Controlling the incoming and outgoing documentation process
- Assist in Liaising with the community
- Conduct special management reviews and/or follow-up on audit observations to assist in the improvement of office.
- Demonstrate a service-oriented approach to assisting the program team in understanding requirements and completing tasks.
- Assist the Senior Management Team in maintaining project files.
- Manage the driver and car pool ensuring transport policies are being followed.
- Carry out any other related duties as might be reasonably requested by the Supervisor.
- Assists in creating purchase orders for project related items.
Maintain contact with partners, local authorities and other stakeholders as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Good Organization skills
Good time management
Good communications skills, written and verbal
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- An ability to stay calm and tactful under pressure
- A bright and positive attitude
- Articulate and a good communicator
- Additional experience with refugees, emergency response and NGO experience preferred
- Working knowledge of quality assurance concepts such as SPHERE Red Cross Red Crescent Code of Conduct and Humanitarian Accountability Partnership
- Good interpersonal and team building skills, as well as a positive attitude, eagerness to find creative solutions, patience and flexibility.
- Willingness to work in Souran and travelling regularly to field sites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills, in particular email, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Fluency in Arabic required and ability to speak English is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter and your detailed CV in English addressing relevant qualifications and experience to email@example.com e-mail. (Please ensure that CV includes names and contact details of at least 3 referees/references).
In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position you are applying for. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for submitting the applications is 11 February 2019. Applications submitted before the deadline will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.