Programme Assistant (NGO Partnership)
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Type: Service contract.
Duration: Six months.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Receive, register, and print the invoices submitted by Cooperating partners (CPs) of Damascus FO.
- Process payment claims of Cooperating partners (CPs). Ensure the correct exchange rate is used.
- Track payments made to the Cooperating partners (CPs). Maintain the payment tracking sheet, prepare monthly status report, and flag any issues that require action.
- Perform bi-annual reconciliation of Cooperating partner (CP) payments.
- Liaise closely with CO Finance on issues related to Cooperating partners (CPs) payments.
- Provide guidance and training to the Sub Offices (SOs) and Cooperating partners (CPs) related to payment process.
- Translate documents related to NGO Partnership.
- Work on the preparation of the project proposals submitted to Damascus Field Office, and follow up on the preparation of the Field Level Agreements (FLAs).
- Support the Country Office (CO) on the preparation of the Due Diligence (DD) report for the new NGO willing to engage in implementing WFP programme in coverage area of Damascus Field Office.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Expereince: At least four years of progressively responsible work experience in accounting, book keeping, project management, or humanitarian assistance in the related field.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic language.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
- Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
- Exact Position Title
- Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
- Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
- A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
Only short-listed candidates, who meet the minimum requirements for the advertised position, shall be contacted. Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.
HOW TO APPLY:
If any of the below links do not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar