Program Coordinator Syria
Program Coordinator Syria
Closing date: 30 Sep 2019
SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE is recruiting a Program Coordinator based in Damascus.
In 2018, the war in Syria is entering into its eighth year. Until now this war made more than 350 000 deaths and millions of refugees and Intern Displaced Persons (IDPs). More than half of the population – an estimated 11.6 million people, has been displaced: respectively 6.1 million of IDPs and 5.5 million of refugees. 3 million of IDPs actually live in extreme and difficult conditions in near-inaccessible areas or in besieged cities. Conflicts, political crises and the battle line’s extreme mobility due to the increase of the aerial bombardments, the tiny terrorist and non-state-armed groups feed a systematic insecurity that critically weakens the country since years now. As a result, the humanitarian assistance access is extremely rude. Millions of Syrians do not dispose potable and health water access and do neither dispose access to a decent shelter. In 2017 the child deaths had increase over 50% more than the previous year. This could be partially explain by the multiplication of explosive weapons utilization and the increased of attacks in densely populated areas.
With a presence since 2008 in Syria, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is working to bring equitable access to the basic services to the affected populations in Damascus, rural Damascus, Daraa, Homs, Quneitra, Hama and Aleppo.SIF is working with several donors as UNHCR, UNICEF and OCHA aimed to pursue common for the benefit of the displaced and affected people. SIF in Syria focuses on : Shelter Rehabilitation, Education, and Protection programs.
Based in Damascus, the Program Coordinator is in charge of the supervision of programs and the local staff related to the programs.
Part of the Coordination Team
Coordinating the implementation of the SIF programs in the mission
Responsible for the quality of the programs.
Operational strategy and coordination
· To contribute to the elaboration of new proposals
· To be part of the Coordination Team (SMT)
· To support the team in elaborating 2019 strategy
Project Cycle Management
· To ensure the conception of the projects: needs assessments, baseline survey, and proposal of actions.
· To supervise the implementation of the projects: planning of activities, follow-up of the implementation, collect of sources of verifications.
· To Elaborate monitoring and evaluation tools, supervise satisfaction surveys and results, measure the realization of the projects, and propose adjustments for the projects.
· To define partnership modalities with the operational partners, managepartnerships.
· To participate in the recruitment of project human resources: elaborate and correct technical tests, prepare and conduct interviews.
· To manage teams: briefing, planning, follow-up, management, performance interview, technical capacity buildings, etc.
· To evaluate the performances of the new team members, before the end of the trial period
Supports: Admin, Finance and Log
· To manage the program budgets: regular monitoring of the expenditure states according to the allocated budgets and programmatic forecasts, validation of the expenditures s/he is responsible for.
· To validatethe planning of expenditures, the cash-flow plan and the cash flow request for his/her field.
· To validatethe necessary budgetary adjustments to his/her program.
Representation (under HoM request)
· To represent SIF as part of the implementation of activities to operational partners and to the local and regional authorities.
· Minimum 5 years of previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Program Coordinator.
· Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management
· Extensive knowledge of donors and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
· Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.)
· Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff)
· Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English (and desirably French and/or Arabic)
· Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
· Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
· An understanding of and commitment to SIF’s mission and values
· Starting date : October 2019
· French fixed term contract : 6 months
· Remuneration according to profile
· Monthly perdiem
· Social and medical cover (SIF contributes to 60% of the insurance)
Secours Islamique France diversity is a wealth;
We will study every application with required skills for the position.
HOW TO APPLY: