United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Planning Specialist in Damascus, Syria. The duration of this post 1 year.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Planning Specialist will perform following functions-
- Coordinate the Situation Analysis for the relevant programme areas and its periodic updates by monitoring and analyzing the social, political, and economic trends in the country, as they affect women and children.
- Lead country office change management process, providing direct support to programme sections and operations units to facilitate transition to new planning and management processes.
- Participate in the development of programme/project goals and objectives and planning the implementation of programme/project strategies, including emergency preparedness planning.
- Participate in the preparation of programme planning documents, including emergency response plans, Annual Work Plans, contingency plans, and other as needed.
- Lead the process of organizing and managing annual/mid-year/mid-term/end term country programme reviews ensuring consistency with objectives and goals set out in the CPD and contribute to the Annual Management Plan.
- Identify problems or alternative courses of action to accelerate/ improve programme delivery.
- Support sections and field offices to utilize strategic information from studies, surveys, evaluations and data to develop programme results, programme/project strategies and implementation and reporting frameworks that are equity and gender equality focused.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences or other related field.
- 5 years progressively responsible professional work experience in social development, economics, management, monitoring and evaluation or strategic planning.
- Experience in working in international settings or projects is a plus.
- Knowledge of the UN system and processes and specific experience in results-based management and country programme planning cycle is highly desired.
- Fluency in English and another UN language required.
- Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.