National Professional Officer
World Health Organisation (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer in Damascus, Syria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Professional Officer will perform following functions-
- Assist in the planning, compilation and preparation of the Biennial Work Plan (BWP) including the allocation of assessed contributions and the voluntary contributions to programmes funding.
- Ensure effective awards budgeting and PTAEO check and contract types verification and provides timely support for the work plans implementation by the WHO country office.
- Review and provide budgetary clearance to project proposals, correspondence and requests, ensuring conformity with relevant financial regulations, policies and procedures; or refers for action financial documents, giving appropriate explanations and advising remedial or alternative action as appropriate.
- Assist the technical clusters in the preparation of AAR, AMR, ADR, work plan funding requests, submission of award budgets, reprogramming of awards and preparation of expenditure batches.
- Support the Administrative & Finance Officer in the certification of the Direct Implementation FACE report and initiates the liquidation of the encumbrance for timely closure of the related Purchase Orders after submission of the FACE report as last deliverable in the ECM.
- Participate in periodic Programme Budget Monitoring and evaluation through periodic review of implementation status and provides background and reports for management information.
- Support the periodic/ad hoc budgetary and financial statements and returns including the annual closure of accounts.
- Brief/debrief professional/GS staff members (both long-term and short-term), including WCO management on relevant budget/budget control matters.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Economics, Accounting, Business administration or related field.
- At least 1 year professional experience in finance, budget/accounting at the national level.
- Thorough knowledge of principles of accountancy, budget and their application.
- Excellent understanding of accounting practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant financial computer applications.
- Strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of computer applications in areas of finance and reporting, preferably the Global Management System.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Syria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.